Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what causes it but it takes more H usually to keep rpms in check with belray over the others. Motul was a slight change that only a tach could notice. The K2 is pretty much no change and all the klotz I've run was no change.

Ive noticed the same thing with h1r in the mixing glass. Motul must have more emulsifiers as it mixes with fuel easily in my glass mixing container. H1r takes several mixings with fuel to get all the h1r out of the glass. As I stated earlier in the thread each oil has different emulsifiers and miscibility in which fuel reacts differently with each?

IMO it would be more favorable to have oil thats less miscible as the H1r is and mixes with the fuel less and stays behind on the surfaces instead of mixing with the fuel and being burned off

The principle can be observed in the "leaning" out of a tune which happens by going to more oil. It is usually said that this occurs due to the restriction of flow in the jet due to the higher oil percentage rather than the 1% change in the amount of gas in 1:32 vs 1:50
Hey Jon,
I have seen a tune lean out with more oil in the mix (going from 32:1 to 24:1), but in this same context, the low speed jet also needed adjusting .............
With the Bel Ray its just the high jet ................

isn't there less oil in 1:50/1:32 , and 64% more fuel .............. I don't understand the 1% you are referring to ?

Hey, some things will allways remain a mystery - like what came first the chicken or the egg ? ........ or was that the Monkey and the bannanna ??

going to try some Motul 800 in this next gallons. Been hitting it hard helping people with firewood and I'm out of K2 and figure some Motul may be interesting... will give my 2 cents after a couple gallons.

I have read this thread on a daily basis for the last 4 weeks (yes I checked it has been ongoing that long) and I am absolutely in awe of the time and effort people have put in to sampling oils and fuel for their chainsaws. In no part of my imagination did I ever think I would find something like this so fascinating.

I have read this thread on a daily basis for the last 4 weeks (yes I checked it has been ongoing that long) and I am absolutely in awe of the time and effort people have put in to sampling oils and fuel for their chainsaws. In no part of my imagination did I ever think I would find something like this so fascinating.

Welcome to the insanity my friend. :)

Hey Jon,
I have seen a tune lean out with more oil in the mix (going from 32:1 to 24:1), but in this same context, the low speed jet also needed adjusting .............
With the Bel Ray its just the high jet ................

isn't there less oil in 1:50/1:32 , and 64% more fuel .............. I don't understand the 1% you are referring to ?

Hey, some things will allways remain a mystery - like what came first the chicken or the egg ? ........ or was that the Monkey and the bannanna ??
50:1 is 98% gas, 33:1 is 97% gas. I can definitely tell a Hjet difference in 50:1 vs 32:1, but honestly never noticed a ljet change (prolly just being inattentive tho). I will again proclaim my ignorance of the correct reason H1R behaves this way

50:1 is 98% gas, 33:1 is 97% gas. I can definitely tell a Hjet difference in 50:1 vs 32:1, but honestly never noticed a ljet change (prolly just being inattentive tho). I will again proclaim my ignorance of the correct reason H1R behaves this way

Now I get it - thanks !!
I am also unsure why HR1 behaves the way it does, and its all just speculation from me as well.
To me, the carbon in the muffler (putting aside any goo due to slightly rich mixture settings) and not on the piston is the reason why I formed my speculated hypothesis ....... a small step above from guessignosis. I appreciate your involvement in this discussion, and have ordered some HR1 to try out based on yours and Randys experiences, I also have K2 coming to try out as well. I noticed the low speed jet needing tweaking more readily with 24:1 mix and Echo synthetic oil on stock 2 cycles ................ never ran mix other than 32:1 on my ported machines

Dude!!! Put the Crack Pipe down and step away from the computer!!!!! Lolol!!!!

All in good fun,,,, and wanting to find out what works best,,, Oil Mixed in Gas is very good stuff!!!! and it is verwy Verwy, Important!!!!! if you run 2 smokes!!!

Latest posts

Back