Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see a picture of pistion tops on saws running K2 and Motul. Ive seen Bel-ray pictures and im yet to see anything come close to the lack of carbon it delivers.
Mdavlee, did you get a picture of the top on the piston running motul?

I would like to see a picture of pistion tops on saws running K2 and Motul. Ive seen Bel-ray pictures and im yet to see anything come close to the lack of carbon it delivers.
Mdavlee, did you get a picture of the top on the piston running motul?
No it hasn't had 2 whole tanks with it yet. I don't know when I'll mix more Motul up. I have some k2 here that I planned on running next. I know the 395 piston is starting to clean the carbon off it.

R50 is an ester. It was the first fad ester oil around here. We even had a salesman on the forum.
Bradley, Bradley, Bradley.............I sincerely hope u'r not implying that using bike racing oil in our prize chainsaws is anything other than the totally necessary duty each saw owner owes his Swedish or German "Cavallino Rampante". You of all people should understand chainsaw internals were never designed to run on "regular" 2-stroke oils

Lol!! Well what did it look like??? U know we waiting to hear!!:blob2:
Obviously he prolly doesnt have time to look,,,, besides, all he has to do is look here cause Mike is postnig/doing all the experimental stuff,,,, I'm betting the last thing tha monkley wants to do is pull one of his runners apart when hes working on a bazillion other peoples stuff

Just sayin:ices_rofl:

Im sure!! I try not bothering him too much. I dont think we will see a difference in the big 4 oils we have been discussing

Quick testimonial here my buddy has been using dirtbike oils in his saws and he is faller in my part of the woods. His saws are a 385 and 576. He was running Maxima K2 and H1R mostly due to the fact he has a couple RM125s that make me grin lol.

Anyways I was at his shop helping him fix his 385xp, he had a small issue with his metering level that was fixed fairly easy. Went to go get fuel out of his gallon jug and He was out. He grabs his gas can and starts to fill up his jug and He stops pouring at his usual mark and sets the can down. I was just looking at something and I noticed his can went from 3 gallons to around 1.75 gallons I asked him if he noticed this and he was startled so we had a qt jar and measured out 4 qts and there was still about a qt in his jug still!!!!

He mixes 45:1 and has been running his saws out of this jug for about 8 months. After tearing the mufflers of his saws in record time lol the cylinders looked perfect and had a coating of oil on the skirts. The saws had respectable compression and they run absolutely fantastic. After some math he was running close to 55 to 60:1

My theory is that his container swelled up and he did not notice and was filling up his container to his gallon mark however with the swelling it was fitting more than a gallon of fuel in there.

After this I'm sold on dirtbike oil brands like Maxima and etc.

I will let everyone think here lol.

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

Latest posts

Back