Mixed gas anxiety

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe this will help: pure-gas.org
CityBrandOctaneNamePhoneStreet AddressLast Updated
AuburnVP RACING
94 96 110
Motorsports International508-832-9494444 Washington St2021-11-16details
BaldwinvilleSUNOCO
98 100 110
Akin Automotive978-939-2300522 Baldwinville Rd2020-08-01details
BelmontVP RACING
Turf Equipment Co617-484-1442280 Blanchard Rd2021-11-06details
BourneUNBRANDED
94 95
The Boat Guy508-563-1961530 Macarthur Blvd.2020-04-24details
BrookfieldVP RACING
94 110 112
A-1 Parts508-867-412026 W Main St2020-07-20details
CataumetVP RACING
93 100 110
Loud Fuel Co508-563-38341412 Hwy 28a2016-11-04details
CharltonUNBRANDED
City Power508-248-746473 Us Rt 202020-08-05details
Cherry ValleyVP RACING
94 96 101
Hank's Marine508-892-4788111 Main St2013-11-12details
East DennisUNBRANDED
Bayside Equipment508-385-74941408 Rte 6a2016-11-29details
East FalmouthUNBRANDED
94 98
Falmouth Airpark508-548-961767 Airpark Dr2020-10-21details
East LongmeadowVP RACING
Acres Power Equipment413-525-3752104 Shaker Rd2021-11-27details
HyannisUNBRANDED
Barnstable Muni Airport508-771-2638630 Barnstable Rd2019-10-27details

AND, that is a LOT of non-ethanol gasoline,, considering that Massachusetts has about as much area as a good sized airport,, ,LOL!!

Top to bottom that state is only about 50 miles tall,,
Roanoke to Lynchburg is about the same distance,, and , other than little Bedford, there is nothing in between those two cities..

I think MA has PLENTY of non-ethanol available,,
Ok, now show me where I can get it AT A PUMP. I'll wait. :)

NOT ONE of those places is a fuel pump except 100LL at the airport for $6 a gallon, and lead fouling in time.

They're OPE (Outdoor Power Equipment - no clue why that acronym gets flagged on here??) dealers (canned VP at $15+ per gallon), motorsports dealers (canned VP), and if it's a gas station, it's also canned.

Ok, now show me where I can get it AT A PUMP. I'll wait. :)

NOT ONE of those places is a fuel pump except 100LL at the airport for $6 a gallon, and lead fouling in time.

They're *** (Outdoor Power Equipment - no clue why that acronym gets flagged on here??) dealers (canned VP at $15+ per gallon), motorsports dealers (canned VP), and if it's a gas station, it's also canned.
Then,, you have a problem with the .ORG,, not us,,

Don't have a problem with you guys at all - just pointing out the fact that NOT ONE of those places listed on Pure-Gas.org is at the pump. Everyone across the internet loves to pull that one out and accuse me of lying. Why would I lie about that?

MA is run by the biggest left-wing ideologues in America today. It's just par for the course that any fuel we don't pay road taxes on is discouraged from being sold conveniently, and at a low price. Professional scumbag thieves on Beacon Hill. I'm not shocked by any of it.

Don't have a problem with you guys at all - just pointing out the fact that NOT ONE of those places listed on Pure-Gas.org is at the pump. Everyone across the internet loves to pull that one out and accuse me of lying. Why would I lie about that?

MA is run by the biggest left-wing ideologues in America today. It's just par for the course that any fuel we don't pay road taxes on is discouraged from being sold conveniently, and at a low price. Professional scumbag thieves on Beacon Hill. I'm not shocked by any of it.

Nothing to do with taxes though. See the picture i posted. The e-0 93 is taxed just like the rest.

I don't doubt that there are places where e-0 is unavailable. I know in some places 93 octane isn't

Note that the VP Racing is usually canned fuel.

There are VP Racing branded gas stations. I filled up at one last year in CA while on a trip.

pure-gas.org has a lot of bad or old data, at least in my area. Stations that I know stopped selling race gas are still listed as selling it.

In my part of California E0 is rare and expensive. If it was convenient and did not cost much more than E10 I'd use it. But it's not that much better than E10 that it's worth a couple bucks a gallon more and a couple hours drive.

There are VP Racing branded gas stations. I filled up at one last year in CA while on a trip.

pure-gas.org has a lot of bad or old data, at least in my area. Stations that I know stopped selling race gas are still listed as selling it.

In my part of California E0 is rare and expensive. If it was convenient and did not cost much more than E10 I'd use it. But it's not that much better than E10 that it's worth a couple bucks a gallon more and a couple hours drive.
Depending on how much gas you're using, just for saws and such, E-0 is definitely worth a couple bucks more.

The couple hours drive is a different story.

Nothing to do with taxes though. See the picture i posted. The e-0 93 is taxed just like the rest.

I don't doubt that there are places where e-0 is unavailable. I know in some places 93 octane isn't
I saw your pic. That's the first time in my life I've ever seen ethanol free fuel sold cheaper than E10! That is GREAT! That's the way it should be. Anywhere in the Northeast, it's considered a luxury, and you pay for it.

If it's sold as off-road gasoline, they can't tax it ... but this would depend on the state of course. In NY it is taxed for that reason, because you can fuel your car with it if you so choose. Not sure about NH, but since the pump was next to the other pumps, I'd say it's taxed. In OH, I saw separate pumps way off to the side of certain gas stations selling E0 - I assume that wasn't taxed since it said off-road use only, if I remember right (was 3 years ago). Even in this communist bastion they don't tax off-road diesel. Of course you can't get that at the pump either - that only comes by truck. I've also never seen E0 combined in a gas station pump with other octanes, except in NY with 93 premium - and it's not at every station either! It's very hit or miss, even within the same brand of gasoline. Some Stuart's shops sell E0 93, while some sell E10 93.

Either way, us poor bastards in this bastion have to travel HOURS to get E0 for a reasonable price. I load up a barrel and fill it to the brim whenever I can. Usually lasts me 2-3 years. Makes it worth the trip. I paid $2.99 for it the last time I went - heard it's $5.99 at the same place now. 😬

I haven't seen 93 in years. Premium is 91.
Depends on your elevation. Lower octanes for higher elevations. I've seen 85 octane gas in the Rockies. Around here 87 is the lowest you can get.

When first got my license, Sunoco used to sell 94 premium, along side SEVERAL other octanes. They had 86, 87, 89, 91, 92 (or 92 & 93 - can't remember now), and 94 octane all at one pump! Of course I always bought 86 because it was dirt cheap - my '85 Monte used to ping like hell from that, lol.

Depends on your elevation. Lower octanes for higher elevations. I've seen 85 octane gas in the Rockies. Around here 87 is the lowest you can get.

When first got my license, Sunoco used to sell 94 premium, along side SEVERAL other octanes. They had 86, 87, 89, 91, 92 (or 92 & 93 - can't remember now), and 94 octane all at one pump! Of course I always bought 86 because it was dirt cheap - my '85 Monte used to ping like hell from that, lol.
I have also seen the 85 octane stuff in parts of Montana. I haven't seen 93 octane premium in any state from Montana through Michigan in at least 15 years.
I also remember Sunoco selling 94 octane.

We have 87 to 91 at most stations you can get 94 at other most is e10 but there’s some pumps that have e0 as premium. Was looking at using 100LL for the old girls figure they have seen leaded fuel at some ponn in their lives as leaded fuel was available here in Ontario till 97 or 98.

We have 87 to 91 at most stations you can get 94 at other most is e10 but there’s some pumps that have e0 as premium. Was looking at using 100LL for the old girls figure they have seen leaded fuel at some ponn in their lives as leaded fuel was available here in Ontario till 97 or 98.
I wouldn't use 100LL. Not worth it.
I'm kinda shocked Canada had leaded fuel that long. It was phased out in MI in the mid to late 80's IIRC.

All the marinas in NE Florida have ethanol free gasoline and many filling stations have ethanol free gas pumps . I would
assume marinas in your area that sell gasoline would have ethanol free gas because the ethanol fuel caused the same problems
with the boat fuel systems .
Charles

I saw your pic. That's the first time in my life I've ever seen ethanol free fuel sold cheaper than E10! That is GREAT! That's the way it should be. Anywhere in the Northeast, it's considered a luxury, and you pay for it.

If it's sold as off-road gasoline, they can't tax it ... but this would depend on the state of course. In NY it is taxed for that reason, because you can fuel your car with it if you so choose. Not sure about NH, but since the pump was next to the other pumps, I'd say it's taxed. In OH, I saw separate pumps way off to the side of certain gas stations selling E0 - I assume that wasn't taxed since it said off-road use only, if I remember right (was 3 years ago). Even in this communist bastion they don't tax off-road diesel. Of course you can't get that at the pump either - that only comes by truck. I've also never seen E0 combined in a gas station pump with other octanes, except in NY with 93 premium - and it's not at every station either! It's very hit or miss, even within the same brand of gasoline. Some Stuart's shops sell E0 93, while some sell E10 93.

Either way, us poor bastards in this bastion have to travel HOURS to get E0 for a reasonable price. I load up a barrel and fill it to the brim whenever I can. Usually lasts me 2-3 years. Makes it worth the trip. I paid $2.99 for it the last time I went - heard it's $5.99 at the same place now. 😬

In all fairness the only reason I took the picture was to send to my dad that e-0 was cheaper. That was right when gas shot up this year. Obviously they had refilled their other tanks and the e-0 was actually left over. I'm sure the next time they filled the tank it went back up higher than ethanol fuel. It's generally 30 cents higher than ethanol 93.

The station in question was at 5k feet elevation. Our stations are mostly 3500-6k feet elevation here. 99 percent have 93 octane. Most here have an e-0 but some have 87 or 89 for their e-0.

We have non taxed diesel, highway diesel, and 87-89-93 octane everywhere. Occasionally a station only has 91 premium but I only know of a couple. Not all have off road diesel but probably 75% do

A few have race fuel from 105 to 110. Non taxed but still about double what 93 costs

I use ethanol in all my saws. I think the two stroke oil helps counteract its side effects

I’m not driving out of my way to hunt for regular. Though if it becomes more readily available I’ll obviously use no E

if my tank sits for over 2 weeks I dump it and mix new gas. Dump saw too

I dump whatever is in my can into the truck

So true about Ma.

Latest posts

Back