MS 241?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate all chain.

It slows down the saws.

Can't we all run cutterless chain to keep the R's up? :happybanana:

Fvck picco

158517794.DBtdNXeb.346lightsabre.jpeg

Will lo pro work on a spur sprocket set up for 325? If so, I can do a comparo shortly. Getting new picco(for the 171, or uh maybe its a 181, I forget) and new 325 for the 241.
Mastermech already did a comparison of 3/8, .325, and picco on a 261. Everything beat 325. The picco beat the 3/8 by 3 sec. In the same cant

Cant tell u. Randy thinks something with fuel aggitation. It dont show up when cutting I guarantee ing u
I remember having a carb problem with linkage sticking when I got it back and took it apart and cleaned and never had another issue

Cant tell u. Randy thinks something with fuel aggitation. It dont show up when cutting I guarantee u

It was a reference to the big debate that dyno spurred with that dip ;)

Anywho, how did randy do the test? I'm curious.

My issues with picco are mostly that the chain wears faster, if you hit anything like fencing, or rocks(rhododendron grows on them here, etc, the teeth are way fecked, and sometimes unrepairable, pain in the arse to sharpen, and I can use the SAME file to sharpen 325 as 3/8(13/64), and it also feels smoother in use.

I am getting NK shipped to me by family stateside to see hw it does in my application. I used it with great success in forestry. Well... until the bar asploded. This time I am going with Husqvarna pixel bar that I am gonna mod if needs be to fit the 241. It has got to be better quality than that woodland crap I got last time.

It was a reference to the big debate that dyno spurred with that dip ;)

Anywho, how did randy do the test? I'm curious.

My issues with picco are mostly that the chain wears faster, if you hit anything like fencing, or rocks(rhododendron grows on them here, etc, the teeth are way fecked, and sometimes unrepairable, pain in the arse to sharpen, and I can use the SAME file to sharpen 325 as 3/8(13/64), and it also feels smoother in use.
Chad did the dyno and Im really not sure of his procedures

.325 seems like weird chain i thought the norm was 3/8 lp and .375?
The most common chainsaw in the Nordic region is a 50 cc chainsaw with a 15" bar and it's all .325".

However, personally I like a three chainsaw plan, having a 35 cc, a 50cc, and a 60 cc saw!

Got a link for that bar? Maybe if the Husky explodes, I can replace it with a cannon? I am running 68 links 325 K here in a bit. Yes - gonna port that 241.
pricelistmsrpusdjune2014-pdf.386415
I got my cannon through terry landrum of wicked work saws here on AS

Attachments

• PriceListMSRPUSDJune2014.pdf
    449.3 KB · Views: 127
Yes you can Brian.

I feel the same way.

The 550XP is the perfect limbing saw. It's weight, handling, power, etc.......it's just perfect for what it's made for.

The MS261C is also perfect for what it was designed for.......a one saw plan saw. It's not a great limbing (snedding) saw.......but the power it makes allows it to be used to drop a fair sized tree, limb it, and buck it up.

When I use the 550 in wood over 12", I wanna grab a bigger saw.......but I've used the MS261 with a 20" bar buried, and not felt underpowered.
Can you tell me or post pic of a muffler mod for a 261 non M tronic? Or describe. I would like to give it a try is it a good gain?

Back