MS 460 blows crank rod bearing after dyno runs. Should have spent the extra $ on oem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused, which bearing failed.. the center bearing that the crank rod is on and as stated in the title or a bearing that rides in the side of the case that the video shows?

Did you buy both the crank and the aftermarket case bearing from the same place? It looks to me like the crank and the rod bearing are OK and the case bearing is not? And now its spinning in the race?

This happens quite often in the 064 with OEM bearings if I'm not mistaken... and the older 066 as well and why the manufacturer updated the bearing in the MS660... correct?

So maybe the blanket statement that the aftermarket cranks are bad is not completely correct, but maybe the bearing may not be very good?

Not here to start a fight, I'm trying to get the facts straight so I can decide if I need to pull a product that I may be selling and not have all the correct information on.

If you mean the big end rod bearing, the main reason was the crank was breaking off at the flywheel side where the threaded portion extends. They upgraded the entire crank for this. There weren't anymore big end rod bearing failures in 064s or early 066s than any other saw.

If you mean the main bearings, that wasn't the case. However- the 046 had a bad run of bearings in '97 and most would only last about 200 hours before disintegrating.

Have you guys been in Steve's jail? . . The cheese is delicious! :drool:

Due to budget cuts, the cheese in banned camp is now generic "cHEEZy alternative" stuff. It's disgusting. I wouldn't eat it. The good stuff is reserved for the people on the outside of the bars.

CHEESE ???
I hear its the soap you need to watch out for ???

Depends who's in there with ya. I ain't naming names, but some of those guys are there for good reason.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Due to budget cuts, the cheese in banned camp is now generic "cHEEZy alternative" stuff. It's disgusting. I wouldn't eat it. The good stuff is reserved for the people on the outside of the bars.

Depends who's in there with ya. I ain't naming names, but some of those guys are there for good reason.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

:msp_thumbdn::msp_thumbdn:

:hmm3grin2orange:

Back