MS 462 completed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reegan

MS 462 Standard Carb
Reaction score
First off I dont really have the patience for painting, but I really enjoyed this project. Its not perfect as its my first time painting like this and wet sanding. I highly recommend Tamiya Paints for anyone looking to spice up the look of their saw. Learnt quite a bit during the whole process, now lets see how quickly my lacquer finish gets destroyed haha

Future tinkering will be some performance enhancements.

Cheers
dfd4171383bc008b82659c74b3b14cda.jpg
02f89f6bef663b830189c3f0096e5153.jpg
ae4008c1c87cc5a36e8d060228bc9236.jpg
de4a9e47920300c371b0b64fbfe24108.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wash cover with hot soapy water, rinse and dry, wet sand with 400grit to key surface, wash and dry, spray3 or 4 base coats, wet sand, spray final coat, lacquer quite thick then wet sand 1000 grit then 1500, wash and dry polish with rubbing compound and lastly wax and buff.
That’s Awesome! I don’t have much patience for that kind of work either but after seeing yours I might give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like. I hate to be Captain Obvious, but without a Magnum sticker.... :)

Was that OEM paint that you used? I'm not sure but paint might be considered Mechanical, (by some). -> @cuinrearview
I had to open up the high screw due to the added power from that racing stripe!

Interesting to see how long the paint holds up to work abuse, would love to give my crew custom coloured saws
A 2k lacquer should hold up fairly well to help protect the base coat, i just used spray can lacquer.

Ive sprayed 2k before and the iso cyanides are pretty hard core on the lungs, even from brief exposure. Use the correct respirator system if ever using it.

The Tamiya PS -23 paint is also meant for rc cars with little nitro motors so heat shouldnt be too much of an issue and its also quite flexible. If you make your income from saws i rate a high quality paint job will get trashed on the first day by some gorillas on your crew haha.

Im easy on my saw, im really happy to own it, so it gets pampered as best as possible, until I get the MS500i :D

If it holds up to nitro fuels gas shouldnt be much of a issue. I dint think it will hold up real well to scratches but you can always sand scuff and redo it anytime you want to.

Latest posts

Back