MS440/460 Hybrid With Ported Meteor Cylinder Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried nearly every combination......on a worksaw it's just not needed.

On any OEM jug that I'm working over, I don't necessarily thin the transfer bridges, but I do "shape" the back side of them.
I do a little bit of work with carbide bits and then I cut emery cloth into thin strips and do some "fine tuning."

In a transfer port, it's not just about volume as everyone here knows, a lot of how plasma flows through space has to
do with the shape of that space and the constraints- good or bad.

You made a post recently about making your ports more rectangular in shape; years ago I had an 066 built by Woods Logging
supply in Washington. Every port was made almost completely rectangular where it met the cylinder wall. The port timing wasn't
altered much but that saw ran great, better than most 066s I've run- even those by some former builders from here.

Well......you'd have to pay me a few bucks. :cool2:

Speaking of a few bucks , I have a dead saw , don't know what happened to it , this offer open to the first one that says "I'll Take It !!!"

I told the guy to send me the saw and I'll fix it. 100.00 problem solved......this bull#### goes away. I hate threads like this......I'd rather fight with Bradly.

Never mind , I'll send 20$$ to start another fight .................:hmm3grin2orange:

Back