MS460 VS MS461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I spent the weekend with my wife's aunt and uncle. We got to talking about the big maple in his yard that was down and he took me in the barn and showed me a like new 460 that he said he bought at a yard sale for $200! I vote for finding me a yardsale like that! Criminal!

I spent the weekend with my wife's aunt and uncle. We got to talking about the big maple in his yard that was down and he took me in the barn and showed me a like new 460 that he said he bought at a yard sale for $200! I vote for finding me a yardsale like that! Criminal!
I think you Stihl guys know how big of a deal that is. I mean.. think about how many real saws I could buy with with the profits from selling something like that! Wow! :D

i've owned both and so here goes !! 461 imo with unlimited coil has slight edge. my favorite series of this saw is the original 046

My 046 Mag refuses to quit. I have a hard time putting it down once it starts to cut. In short, it delivers and doesn't even squawk at a 30" bar. Always starts, runs smoothly, and really, I cannot ask for much more. I bought it as a non-runner about four years ago, and all it needed was a carb tune.

Wait, you mean your talking about two saws I thought it was some sort of hybrid thingy built to keep up with a husky :laugh:.

Wait-Is-That-Supposed-To-Be-Funny-zt519.jpg

Back