My new crack head ghetto saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Greg has set us all up, just so that he could set back and see us all fuss over his "steal of a deal", lol. Hey Greg , why don't you keep this new one and sell me that 066:)

Nail on the head, we havent heard anything out of greg in 50+ post. I think he is sitting back drinking a cold one. Who needs comedy central when you have this thread!!!!

I'd have to agree....... this is why out of the 100+ trials I did last year, only 1 was tried to a jury!

Receiving stolen property is an extremely difficult charge to prove beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law. The charges I see where the state actually files are no brainers, i.e. the person knows the thief personally or is a family member. This is an example of someone who has actual knowledge that the item is stolen. The "should have known" or second prong of RSP requires that a person do some reasonable inquiry in to the items origin. That is it.....

Remember, this saw was posted on Craigslist for the world to see which goes a long way. A couple questions about the saws origins to the seller and Gregz is fine. It is not against the law to get a good deal.

Okay, it is out of the bag. I belong to the most hated profession on AS, but after umpteen pages of reading I felt I needed to chime in.

Nuff said right there. There has to be some sort of knowledge or link between the buyer and the seller to prove diddly. Assumtions don't fly in court. Space I thought I taught you better. The dayumm saw was advertised for sale. How many theives openly advertise stolen goods for the police to come check out,:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

The only way Greg could be nailed for buying stolen property is by proving he knew it was stolen beyond any doubt. Just because it was cheap doesn't prove he knew it was stolen. Assuming he must have known it was stolen because it was cheap would be thrown out of court. If the seller told him it was stolen and he still bought it then he's in trouble. How many theives are going to tell the buyer the item is stolen.

Space please approach the bench, someone hand me my yard stick,LOL

Brad everything I own is always for sale. That 066 is a bad ass saw for a stocker. When I need some fast cash I'll shoot ya an email ,You get first dibs. I bought that saw off CL is it legit???????????????????????????? who knows
As far as this post getting all wound up,heck who knows if the saw is hot or not,don't no don't care. I bought 20+ saws off CL and ebay and clean them up, resell for profit.
I did not ruin the economy I did not shut down my ready mix plant and put me out of work. So If I can buy a saw for cheap and flip it on ebay and make my house payment so be it !!hot or not.
I said it before, I am sure they a are few forum members who own a hot saw
and given the chance to buy mint 66, 46, a crappy ass husky whatever(for cheap) they will buy it period!.

Brad everything I own is always for sale. That 066 is a bad ass saw for a stocker. When I need some fast cash I'll shoot ya an email ,You get first dibs. I bought that saw off CL is it legit???????????????????????????? who knows
As far as this post getting all wound up,heck who knows if the saw is hot or not,don't no don't care. I bought 20+ saws off CL and ebay and clean them up, resell for profit.
I did not ruin the economy I did not shut down my ready mix plant and put me out of work. So If I can buy a saw for cheap and flip it on ebay and make my house payment so be it !!hot or not.
I said it before, I am sure they a are few forum members who own a hot saw
and given the chance to buy mint 66, 46, a crappy ass husky whatever(for cheap) they will buy it period!.
Thanks for that info, now I won't buy crapola from you, ever.

Maybe someone will steal one of your motorcycles while your out of work. :cheers:

Ok, I made it to about page 7 and had read enough. Yes, I would have bought the saw, as long as the serial # had not been filed off and flipped it. This is the reason we ALL look on CL, for the deal of the century. Nobody knows for sure, it could have been legit, who knows. People do crazy things when money gets tight.

:cheers:
Mike

Maybe someone will steal one of your motorcycles while your out of work. :cheers:

thats fine there insured, while your at take my vette it's insured agreed value $75K but since the market crashed prolly only get 45-50K i'll make more money if it git ripped
i guess since I'm saw thief might as well add insurance fraud to the list

That's not cool! If you don't like the way some people operate, fine, but don't wish bad things on them, that's BS.

Mike

That's not cool! If you don't like the way some people operate, fine, but don't wish bad things on them, that's BS.

Mike
Good point, I'll just step out of this. I have no love for anyone that would knowingly want to buy stolen property so they can profit. Doesn't need my bad wishes, he'll get whats coming to him eventually...

I just read 'bout half of this thread and I will give Gregz a big HELL YA !!!! I would have bought the saw any day of the year. That is one bada$$ price for a bada$$ saw!!! :yourock: Everyone thinks it is stolen but it very well could have been someone that needed money very bad. Groceries are more important than chainsaws! ( I didn't just say that did I ?) One more time HELL YA to Gregz. Wish I could have found a deal like that !!!! Steve:biggrinbounce2:

Good point, I'll just step out of this. I have no love for anyone that would knowingly want to buy stolen property so they can profit. Doesn't need my bad wishes, he'll get whats coming to him eventually...

That is as about as crappy of a comment as your other one that you are apologizing for.

Wow, Thall, feeling generous after all this bickering--you only want to use the yardstick on Space, not a chainsaw? How big-hearted of you.

Generous me, naaaaaaaaaaaa. He tant deserving of being cut with ma saw and my big stick is saved for utter things, therefore he gets the yard stick, sayth Judge Roy Bean,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

sleep.gif
sleep.gif
sleep.gif
sleep.gif
sleep.gif

Karma can be a #####...

You easy money guys would be money ahead to stay on the straight and narrow path...

I don't know if that saw was hot or not... but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, swims like a duck, chances are pretty good that it's a duck.

Best to just leave that saw behind, and keep lookin' elsewhere... YMMV.

Lots of speculation. I think a lot of us agree this thread is :deadhorse:

Not a lot of facts just a lot of opinion witch is good but no reason to get to angry or say you wish someone to get hurt or anything.

I can agree with statements of most of you (on all sides) besides some of the heat of the moment over the top ones.

I don't like dealing with stolen stuff but i have, not knowingly. I work for most of what i have and haven't had much of anything ever stolen and don't do it myself.

my .o2

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back