My new crack head ghetto saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say I would have bought the saw just as Gregz did. Wouldn't have hesitated. I know I'm always in search of that spectacular deal on CL. Maybe everyone a bit too pessimistic thinking that it is stolen.

Like I mentioned earlier, any newer saw is registered by the selling dealer in the original owners name. You should be able to contact that person and see if the saw had been stolen from them or if they no longer owned it.
Well, I can honestly say that I wouldn't do that myself, bad as that may sound, I would probably just use my better judgment on the situation.

The OP knew the situation as shady, he suspected it could have been stolen, yet decided to take the chance and buy it. Do I hold it against him? Certainly not, maybe I would have done the same (although I doubt it).

To comment on something mo' said, I have a garage full of old tools also, many bought on craigslist, and some on ebay. Sure, even ones I have bought from a used tool dealer could be stolen, but as long as I don't know it or even suspect it, my conscience is not effected and I sleep fine at night.

I have passed on several tools that do seem like it's too good to be true, based on locale. I would rather not put myself into a situation where I might get jumped and get my money stolen. You see, I grew up in the Ghetto for about 10 years of my life, so I try to keep an eye out behind my back. No, I didn't live in the Ghetto, I worked for my family who owned a liquor store smack dab in the middle of the Ghetto in L.A., plumb dab between Watts and Compton...there is not a day that goes by that I thank the powers that be, that my children didn't have to grow up in a mess like that...I have been robbed at gun point, I have seen people stabbed in the head with knives, just like a pumpkin, I have seen people shot and killed, robbed, beaten, have even seen pimps beating on whores til they couldn't walk, yet I stayed away and just called the police to report it. Those are not situations to get involved in...not if you value your life.

Only one way to truly find out who would have bought it. Post that bad boy up in the chainsaw adds for 350 (have to pay the man for his trouble of going into the ghetto), and see how long it lasts.

I just repped about 5 of you guys who had the B**** to speak the truth and not be a hypocrite! Brad snelling you werent one of them only because it told me I would have to spread some around first I tried though! The rest of you know who you are!

Only one way to truly find out who would have bought it. Post that bad boy up in the chainsaw adds for 350 (have to pay the man for his trouble of going into the ghetto), and see how long it lasts.
I would have been one before I knew this thread, but if Greg was to post it in Tradin' Post, I wouldn't be one to reply. I can honestly say that I am proud to say that.

Had I not known about all this info Greg provided, I would, so touche' on 'ya there madman! ;)

If he listed it as being brought recently from a crack head in the Ghetto, I wouldn't respond, unless it was smarky! *lol*

the diff is--they didnt get the saw--and they are jealous, and can think of 10,000 reasons why he shouldnt have got the deal----:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Bull ####. If you haven't noticed, I'm not a Stihl fan. I don't give a crap what kind of saw he runs. That is not the issue.

Last edited:
Like I mentioned earlier, any newer saw is registered by the selling dealer in the original owners name. You should be able to contact that person and see if the saw had been stolen from them or if they no longer owned it.
Well, I can honestly say that I wouldn't do that myself, bad as that may sound, I would probably just use my better judgment on the situation.

Seems like something the po-po could do, but I certainly wouldnt give a dealer any business if I knew they gave out personal info.

I was faced with a similar situation...running 066 for $100. In hindsight, the deal seemed similarily dodgy and so I followed up on it. Checked with the pawn shop that the fellow said he had purchased it from and his story checked out. Said pawn shop says they follow up on items like this with the police, but who knows. Had he said he bought it from his buddy, I don't know what I would have done...

Mo, you are missing the point...

As TT pointed out, there are threads every day where someone got a good deal, and the responses are feigned (or real) envy and general backslapping.

The details in the initial post were <i>designed</i> to imply a shady deal. Not surprisingly, the suggestion was raised that the saw very well could have been stolen goods.

The fuss started after the OP stated:
I won't lose any sleep buyin a hot saw.

This is what people are objecting to. It isn't a matter of degree (i.e., should we suspect all good deals), it is a matter of attitude.

Are you trying to sell this saw now?

Date: 2009-08-31, 11:34AM CDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale. Stihl ms660 chain saw. 92cc 7 hp. Only used 1 hour. Saw looks Brand new .32' bar .$800 firm new one is $1100
specs on saw here
http://stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS660.html

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/grd/1351480519.html

Last edited:
Are you trying to sell this saw now?

Date: 2009-08-31, 11:34AM CDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale. Stihl ms660 chain saw. 92cc 7 hp. Only used 1 hour. Saw looks Brand new .32' bar .$800 firm new one is $1100
specs on saw here
http://stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS660.html

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/grd/1351480519.html

The sun never sets on the AS empire. :chainsaw:

Gregz, put a chain on that saw and run the piss out of it. I would buy 10 of those at that deal and sleep on my nice fluffy pillow every night. If it starts bothering you too much just let me know and I will give you your money back. As for everyone who disagrees, just keep watching craigslist and maybe you will find a good deal, that way you wont have to hate on this guy for his nice score.

Your deal was better than my deal...you...you..you. poopie head!

:cry:

Just so you know I dont justify stealing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I guess you were shooting your mouth off again with out knowing what your talking about when you gave me the bad rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I dont justify being a hypocrite either so know you the truth space mule!

Warning to anyone else who disagrees with spacemule he likes to use the bad rep !

Mo, you are missing the point...

As TT pointed out, there are threads every day where someone got a good deal, and the responses are feigned (or real) envy and general backslapping.

The details in the initial post were <i>designed</i> to imply a shady deal. Not surprisingly, the suggestion was raised that the saw very well could have been stolen goods.

The fuss started after the OP stated:

This is what people are objecting to. It isn't a matter of degree (i.e., should we suspect all good deals), it is a matter of attitude.

Who is missing the point????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back