New boot FYI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay maybe the camera angle? but for a girl you have BIG FEET! I said this same thing to my wife two day's before we got married picking out shoes for the big day, the bruise is finally going away!
I use Snoseal on all my leather boot's works great! And feels good on the hands just don't tell anyone I said that!Just leave them by the wood stove to soak up the bee's wax and they are good to go No matter what season it is no sun required.

I have NORMAL sized feet. I wear Womens' 8s now that I'm old and those are Men's size 7 but usually I wear 6. I'll post a picture of my Kulien's if they ever get made. They will make one boot a size smaller because that's how my feet are. The Kulien's I used to have made my feet look like Smurf Feet. So There!:buttkick:

I've got a pair of those CSX...well mine don't have that silly anchor thing on the side. Gotta love not having to shine them anymore.

Red Wing...the only boot to buy IMHO:)

Red Wing used to be my first choice, but you have to watch them anymore because several styles are no longer made in USA. I tried a pair of Chippewa's seveal years ago and have been wearing them ever since, however, the style I like has been discontinued & they too have many styles not made in USA. It seems everything is being made outside the US these days: I was in Tractor Supply Company today to get a replacement pair of insulated bib overall's (Carhartt) and noticed they are made in Mexico now. I started checking all the Carhartt labels & found that some are made in USA & some are Made in Mexico......Go Figure!!

OK Since you guys are talking boots; I have a bit of a problem. When I'm cuttin firewood I just wear my regular old workboots. Catch is I wear Red Wings in size 10H. I've looked but i cant seem to find any kind of logging boot even close to my size(width). A real heavy lug and heel sole would help as I am usually cutting in mid-late spring so its muddy. I always figured I would one day have to just get a pair custom made. Any suggestions? Help?

To my knowledge shoes widths vary from AAA to EEE. I have never heard of an H width. Whites boots, Wesco and Nicks boots, all make custom boots and have very good reputations but I am sure there are others. They are all “made in the USA” but be prepared for sticker shock and a long wait. If you cut a lot in mud, get a pair of rubber chainsaw boots like Viking or stihl. With a good quality insole and good quality socks, your feet should be fine all day and if you don’t already own one, a peets boot drier is the best money you will ever spend.

Thats what i liked abought the danners the felt good right out of the box.

I love my rain forests. I just had them resoled over Thanksgiving. They are very good boots. All my boots from now on will be Danner, as long as they are made in the US anyways.

Do any of you guys ever oil your boots? I oil mine lightly once a week with neatsfoot saddle oil, and I get 2 years out of my Ariat boots. Im not easy on them either, I work construction, and am forever walking in mud, water, and dust. I also use my boots to kick forms around, etc.

I work construction also. On our crew we swear by mink oil. Keeps them nice and soft and help with water proofing.

Back