New help might have to go #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh i'm quite serious. don't you guys on here ever think outside the box? i guess that's why they call me the tree innovator.

drug addicts:
pros - always need money and work hard to get it. if they do stimulant drugs like cocaine they work faster than anything you've ever seen.
cons - often show up late to work. occasionally you have to send one home for coming in hung over.

tip: don't hire the addicts who abuse depressive or "downer" drugs. they sleep in alot and are slow workers.

Congrats on my first giving of neg-rep.. You should go real far with that mentality.:censored:

Congrats on my first giving of neg-rep.. You should go real far with that mentality.:censored:

why because i provide jobs to those who really need them? by hiring them i take them off the street. they'd probably have to steal for their habits.

Treeminator, treeinnovator, whatever, he is back like a bad smell, ignore the cull.
One last question though cull-what happened to the guys you got from the fast food places?

here's some pics from a large palm trimming job (1,500 palms). i assisted 3 guatemalans on this one. no addicts worked on this particular job so i don't have their photos. we always trim palms using a .044. the boom lift is a 60ft JLG. we use this lift on everything (yes, even 10 ft palms) because typical climbers demand too much money and whine & complain about red ants constantly. for large palm projects like this one it's easier and more cost efficient to have them cut it all up in the truck rather than wasting money running the chipper (diesel + maintenance). believe it or not, i'm one of the largest operations around with an amazing reputation and referral rate. i do absolutely no advertsing and have no business cards (don't need either of them). all my jobs are acquired by word of mouth. for a customer to have an opportunity to hire my outfit, i require them to have a minimum of 300 trees per bid. i prefer 1,000+ tree bids. any questions????

and for those of you who like the photos, please feel free to add to my reputation since someone gave me a neg tonight.

here's some pics from a large palm trimming job (1,500 palms). i assisted 3 guatemalans on this one. no addicts worked on this particular job so i don't have their photos. we always trim palms using a .044. the boom lift is a 60ft JLG. we use this lift on everything (yes, even 10 ft palms) because typical climbers demand too much money and whine & complain about red ants constantly. for large palm projects like this one it's easier and more cost efficient to have them cut it all up in the truck rather than wasting money running the chipper (diesel + maintenance). believe it or not, i'm one of the largest operations around with an amazing reputation and referral rate. i do absolutely no advertsing and have no business cards (don't need either of them). all my jobs are acquired by word of mouth. for a customer to have an opportunity to hire my outfit, i require them to have a minimum of 300 trees per bid. i prefer 1,000+ tree bids. any questions????

nice one, try a little better next time.

We got 8-9 calls from tree men , seeking jobs ,just in the last few days ! Should we foward their info. ? We are lucky to be keeping ourselves busy. The bottom fell out. Temp. 100 plus degrees outside with high humidity.:buttkick:

and for those of you who like the photos, please feel free to add to my reputation since someone gave me a neg tonight.

Hey congrats, I was lurking and signed in for the sole purpose of negging you.

You bust on the LEGAL pool of prospective employees saying illegals are far better etc etc, then go to say how druggies make the best employees. THEN you go to say avoid heroin addicts and go for cokeheads... you just have no clue whatsoever do you. Those stimulant guys must be real fast on day 3 with no sleep... safe too.

Have fun with your guats, I know people who wont let illegals work on their property, its as unprofessional as you can get.

Back in high school we used to walk into a 7/11 and see the crazy looking Pakistani behind the counter, we would joke about how he had an UZI back there, hated us and was sending money back to wherever the hell he was from to fund an army to kick our asses. I graduated in 87.
Do you guys think we were right?
Now I shake hands with the guys who own the Lukoil. Guess where they are from?
Sure my eyes are clouded by all the stuff I hear, see and think about. I don't think its cut and dry at all.
There is a reason why they are here just as there was a reason Irish immigrants were allowed to become US citizens back when they all came over. There was a reason the Irish paid the price to come.
Some change is happening now as it has always done. Nobody can deny that AND if you try YOU are an idiot.
Actually the deal is done, you are not going to stop it. If it wanted to be stopped it would have been, it wasn't.
There is not one thing that everybody does, wants, or has that has not been made available by "others". Go figure.
Sure, America The Great. Great at what? Getting some poor bastard to do what most wouldn't. I don't trust my government enough. It is not my fault, I make my judgement based on what I see happening, that's all.
Its a mess, that's for sure, and its getting messier.
I don't really know why all these guys are coming here, I would love to go there, sit around, beat off, get high, and kill one of the chickens to put in a taco, sounds like a good life.
Its a big subject, its a big world.

Traitor anyone using illegals is a traitor to our country imo.

He got the idea to use ileegall from the people who run the country.
Don't start ripping me to shreads.
Just to let you know, my friend, I operate pretty much the exact same way you do, trust me when I say that.
I am not defending anyone, I wouldn't do what TI would do I only do what THE DAN would do which is to... well, if you don't know what I do by now...
I do want to know why it seems that every major green industry player is staffed by these guys BUT I guess I allready know the answer.

I would be willing to bet if ya looked in the country for men
you could find good help. I have good help and not enough work
to hire them. I have to do it all myself to cover expense in this
economy. Rural areas are where most good help comes from imo.

You would be willing to lose then.
Many is the old timer tree guy that has found hisself telling a mexican what to do all of the sudden. I don't think they were expecting to but all the same nevertheless.
I know lots of guys with 20+ year old companies struggling to find guys. Ain't nobody wants to pick up sticks for a living. At what the rate for that kind of work is and how hard it is... Go figure.
You got kids Rope? For some reason I think not but my point is- What would they do for a living? I know I don't want my daughter marrying some dirty tree guy.

Back