New Husqvarna saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never would have thought Ed would get upset about the p in his name getting misplaced. :confused:

:)
Lucky

I am not , just playing I have been called alot worse you know :laugh:

Nice sled, that would be my choice for sure , I have played with a few of them and they pull very well, one thing that is real nice with the 900 is a person weight doesnot seem to make much difference in speed, a 100 pound person ran maybe 2 mph faster than a 250 pound person, got to love that torque

L-Enterprises said:
EPH ! ....I know...just bustin' balls.....EH !

My fingers are so thick that I often touch two keys at the same time too.

Thats what I get from working in the cold all year long. Home nursing a cable splinter.....12 stitches in my right thigh.

What's a cable splinter?

L-Enterprises said:
Well, its a stupid move but it happened. I was in my pickup bed returning the fuel hose after fueling the machine. My formans truck was nosed in like 2 feet behind mine. I jumped down and caught the winch on the front of the truck with my thigh . The cable had a frayed splintered cable and it cut into me about 2" deep and 10" long . I hardly felt it till my Carharts were turning dark brown from the blood. Make a long story short , I got 12 nice stitches ( its actualy like metal staples) from a very nice lady doctor. I could not believe how bad something like that could cut me. It just missed cutting my hamstring. Hardest thing to do is to sit down . Going stir crazy sitting around the house......pain killers make my gut upset , so I'll just have to put up with it.:laugh: Atleast the dog is happy......I guess I make a good companion for him during the day ..:laugh:
It's a good thing you are a Canadian. Something like that would kill an American. (Unless it was a belly injury which would leak some sort of deep-fryer oil) :laugh: Sorry, I feel like being an as**ole this morning.

*No Americans were injured in this post*

Simonizer said:
It's a good thing you are a Canadian. Something like that would kill an American. (Unless it was a belly injury which would leak some sort of deep-fryer oil) :laugh: Sorry, I feel like being an as**ole this morning.

*No Americans were injured in this post*

Too funny.

wpbgent said:
So where's that thread about the new Husky ?

:)
You're right, sorry. We are supposed to keep most of the info to ourselves for awhile. I just wanted you guys to know that 1. It is out. 2. it is a stratified 90cc machine. Cheers.

L-Enterprises said:
So will the Simonizer be stepping out of the 385 and slippin' in to the 390 ?
Not for awhile. I had to spend about 400 hours to develop the modded 385's. I was very specific regarding the performance parameters I desired. The 390 will be a completely different animal. Cheers.

L-Enterprises said:
Simon , I can understand the 400hrs of R&D , but the 385 is not the future IMO . I just cant get a feel for the 385 ,yet I have only ran a stock one for a 10hr day. I dont know why it is , but I always felt the saw to be unbalanced in my hands.

If you were to compare a 385 to a Dolmar , Stihl or other Husky , what model would you see as the direct competition for a replacement? That being said, what could be your future saw to be developed in your stable and why ?
The MS 660 is an excellent machine. I have spent about half the time developing this model. It takes well to improvements, especially the piston. This saw is fairly large at 91.6 cc but will beat a stock MS 880. It will simply embarrass a stock 395XP of course. I would have to spend considerable time with the 390. My work is exacting and precise. As I only make one change per dyno run, some saws will be taken down and reassembled perhaps 30+ times to dial-in my expected parameters. Engineering is still 90% calculations and 10% trial and error. I am very fussy during R&D, if I make an irreversable mistake on a cylinder, it goes in the aluminum scrap pile. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back