New P&C Break in Period

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brad you got me wonderin

i wouldnt be suprised if pistons are heat cycled on the assembly line. i might research it and see what i find
Where I work we manufacture zinc die cast components.Many of the castings which go into critical areas ,such as steering columns are "aged" in ovens for a certain length of time. In other words they are stress relieved.
So it's quite possible the "better" piston manufacturers do this also.
Steve

You guys done breaking in the piston and cylinder yet?

Still soaking that chain?

If you are not careful the tree will out grow the saw.

:biggrinbounce2:

Slow night. Have fun.

Still soaking that chain?

If you are not careful the tree will out grow the saw.

:biggrinbounce2:

Slow night. Have fun.

Heck no, I am not done. I have held this brand new 361 WOT no load for one to two minutes, cut 3 inch, 8 inch and 12 inch logs, tuned it about a dozen times, let it idle for 3 tanks, boy that takes a lot of time, and now I am trying to figure out how to get 3 tanks of fuel mix through the saw without running it, but I hit a brick wall there.

Well I could just go cut some trees, but It's too hot in Alabama in August to cut trees.

I guess I will wait until cold weather hits here, but by then the 362 will be out, and I don't even have the 361 broke in yet.
Guess I will just buy used saws from now on.:deadhorse::hmm3grin2orange:

The young bull said to the old bull: "Let's run down there and mate with one of those cows."

The old bull replied: "Why don't we walk down and mate with all of them?"

Latest posts

Back