New Stihl MS660 Magnum!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl 440

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went to my dealer today and bought a brand new Stihl MS660 Magnum! I went in and talked to my dealer about 395's and 660's for awhile. Later on in the conversation I said, "I'll pick up that 660 I said I was going to get today". So he went in the back and got one in a box and I paid him and he set it up for me with 24" stihl ES bar and stihl RSK, filled it up with mix and bar oil and he took me in the back of the shop and he fired it up and tuned it. It runs/starts really good. When he was done tuning it he had a big smile on his face and said "That's one aggressive saw" I laughed and said "yep". I brought it home and fired it up and put it in the wood and it is really tight like all stihl's when new. But the best part is, is the price. I paid $870.00 powerhead only......this dealer is my buddy and he gave me a deal on this one!LOL It was close $1000 out the door...actually $975 all set up and ready to go. The muffler won't last long though, needs dual ported...HA HA, LOL!!:greenchainsaw: :cheers: :greenchainsaw: :clap: :) :) :greenchainsaw:

I went to my dealer today and bought a brand new Stihl MS660 Magnum! I went in and talked to my dealer about 395's and 660's for awhile. Later on in the conversation I said, "I'll pick up that 660 I said I was going to get today". So he went in the back and got one in a box and I paid him and he set it up for me with 24" stihl ES bar and stihl RSK, filled it up with mix and bar oil and he took me in the back of the shop and he fired it up and tuned it. It runs/starts really good. When he was done tuning it he had a big smile on his face and said "That's one aggressive saw" I laughed and said "yep". I brought it home and fired it up and put it in the wood and it is really tight like all stihl's when new. But the best part is, is the price. I paid $870.00 powerhead only......this dealer is my buddy and he gave me a deal on this one!LOL It was close $1000 out the door...actually $975 all set up and ready to go. The muffler won't last long though, needs dual ported...HA HA, LOL!!:greenchainsaw: :cheers: :greenchainsaw: :clap: :) :) :greenchainsaw:

Great saw.....Congrats

DP is a must have

Dp

You better order that dualport now! You will be glad you did. 660 is a great saw.

As soon as it breaks in a little, I'm going to do my muffler mod to it. It will be a walker style 3/4" dual pipes out of the top corners and angled to the side.:greenchainsaw:

Now, when you go to the saw shop, you will be seen differently, as a man with a "real" saw. No more will you be seen as the "consumer type". It's a nice "bomb" to drop every now and then.

I've used it half a dozen times. Once last month. Suburban store where all chains were green, even on the 441 they had on the floor. Another one was going on about how great a 660 is and how it isn't a saw for just "anyone", then I told him "I know, I have one". Then he started telling me about 880s, and I got to tell him that I owned a 3120 too. Took all the wind out of his sails. Then he didn't understand what square ground chain was, but they had a sample on the display. This will be your future now, you are one of the chainsaw gods of suburbia.

Mark

thanks!!

Now, when you go to the saw shop, you will be seen differently, as a man with a "real" saw. No more will you be seen as the "consumer type". It's a nice "bomb" to drop every now and then.

I've used it half a dozen times. Once last month. Suburban store where all chains were green, even on the 441 they had on the floor. Another one was going on about how great a 660 is and how it isn't a saw for just "anyone", then I told him "I know, I have one". Then he started telling me about 880s, and I got to tell him that I owned a 3120 too. Took all the wind out of his sails. Then he didn't understand what square ground chain was, but they had a sample on the display. This will be your future now, you are one of the chainsaw gods of suburbia.

Mark

Thanks mark, that was a great post!!LOL I know I will be seen differently now, but I never was the consumer type.....well maybe before I started logging!LOL But this is a saw that I have ALWAYS wanted, and now I got it, so now I'm happy...well for now anyway.LOL:greenchainsaw:

cellphone

Im with gregz. We need at least some teaser pics of that brand new 660.:greenchainsaw:

I only got cell phone pics, and I still don't know how to post pics on here though. I agree I need a good camera!!LOL:greenchainsaw: I'll see what I can do!!

attachment.php

DP 660

OK, here it goes. It is a VERY crappy cell phone pic. But it's a pic... It's on my garage floor which is dirty right now...

Last edited:
OK, here it goes. It is a VERY crappy cell phone pic. But it's a pic... It's on my garage floor which is dirty right now...

Schweeet!!!!!

Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port Dual Port!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back