New Stihl MS660 Magnum!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
balance of a 660

Hi,
to be honest I do not need such a big thing. A 2.9 kW saw is big enough for firewood. My 288 has cut a lot of wood before she came to me. And the longyeargirlfriend said: If you want the toy then buy it! OK it is the money of a month but I went to one of this bastardic dealers. He would sell me only a 25" bar - because of the balance.
Tell me something about!
Cheers
Vincent

Hi,
to be honest I do not need such a big thing. A 2.9 kW saw is big enough for firewood. My 288 has cut a lot of wood before she came to me. And the longyeargirlfriend said: If you want the toy then buy it! OK it is the money of a month but I went to one of this bastardic dealers. He would sell me only a 25" bar - because of the balance.
Tell me something about!
Cheers
Vincent

Balance only matters when you're carrying the saw. In a log, balance is irrelevant. Short bars cut better because of less frictional power loss, so if all you need is 25" it will absolutely rip! But the 660 (If I understand you correctly, you are looking at a 660) is capable of pulling up to a 36" bar, so if that's the saw you are getting, put whatever bar on it you need/want. Can't believe you're dealer is mandating what bar you have to get. Tell him the wall fell!

BTW - Y'all make some great saws over there. Thanks!

I just picked mine up last week actually I still haven't touched it. Aren't the hi and low adjustments capped, I noticed you stated the dealer tuned it when you picked it up?

Back