New Stihl MS660 Magnum!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool saw! You'll love it. I've got maybe half a dozen tanks through mine. Gets better all the time. I'm even limbing with the thing trying to get run time on it. Can't wait til it's broke in!

Welcome to the 660 club, a club where your wallet :cry: :cry: :cry:

It is worth the tears though, put on a long bar and she will purr. I use 32" with mine, I want a 42" but don't know what for.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I've thought of every reason to NOT get a 42" bar (don't even need the 32"), but still haven't talked myself out of it. Probably won't do anyting with it but bolt it on and ogle. But I think it's going to happen..... Man, I bet that looks bad!

066/660

For those of you that are wondering what my 066 looks like and the muffler mod I talk about, here it is....more 660 pics comming as well!! Still crappy cell phone pics but they will do...:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

For those of you that are wondering what my 066 looks like and the muffler mod I talk about, here it is....more 660 pics comming as well!! Still crappy cell phone pics but they will do...:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Cool mod! Just curious, though. Seems like it would aim the exhaust right at the log when bucking the bigger stuff? Does that cause any problems? Pretty loud? Been thinking about opening mine up a bit more, just thinking about how to do it.

Last edited:

Cool mod! Just curious, though. Seems like it would aim the exhaust right at the log when bucking the bigger stuff? Does that cause any problems? Pretty loud?

The exhaust gasses sort of hit the log at an angle and bounce off. I haven't had it cause problems yet, I have cut with it a good bit so far. It ain't that loud, not as loud as you would think. I can stand it without earmuffs. It did leave 2 burn marks on a dead buckskin (barkless) whiteoak that I was bucking though. I cut a couple like that lately. It sounds awesome, has a steady rumble to it. The pipes are still behind the spikes so they don't hit the log when bucking or felling. I like it. Oh btw, they are two 3/4"-1/2" copper adapters, brazed in, small end in muffler.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Do these pics help???!!???!!???LOL:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

You're a bad man, go away! (wife was reading over my shoulder) I've been shopping for while for a larger saw. I'm running a 24" on the 440 and it is unimpressive in dry oak. The 24" is the length I need for what I"m cutting and I want a second, larger bar for the big trunks. I've looked at the Dolmar 7900 and Husky 390 but I think the 660 is the way to go. Great dealer and great saw and this thread just reinforces that opinion. I just need to scape up the $1000 :hmm3grin2orange:
Dok

Thanks mark, that was a great post!!LOL I know I will be seen differently now, but I never was the consumer type.....well maybe before I started logging!LOL But this is a saw that I have ALWAYS wanted, and now I got it, so now I'm happy...well for now anyway.LOL:greenchainsaw:

Awesome saw. Very happy that you now have the MS660 which you have ALWAYS wanted. You got a great price as well. Congrats.

ha ha

You're a bad man, go away! (wife was reading over my shoulder) I've been shopping for while for a larger saw. I'm running a 24" on the 440 and it is unimpressive in dry oak. The 24" is the length I need for what I"m cutting and I want a second, larger bar for the big trunks. I've looked at the Dolmar 7900 and Husky 390 but I think the 660 is the way to go. Great dealer and great saw and this thread just reinforces that opinion. I just need to scape up the $1000 :hmm3grin2orange:
Dok

HA HA, wanting is the easy part, scraping up the grand is the hard part!LOLOL I know I'm bad.....lolololololol:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Dok

gonna rub it in a little more....ha ha ha!! nice saw 440!! i'm a bad bad man...:cheers:
calebschainsaw006.jpg

calebschainsaw001.jpg

cuttingtrees045.jpg

Dok

Don't look at this,

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back