New Stihl Pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices in my area for a lot of pistons and piston/cylinder kits are considerably lower. I got an 066/660 piston around the beginning of January for about 50-55 bucks. I bought an 046 piston at the beginning of this month for about the same. I priced an 088 piston yesterday...60 bucks. 064 piston still 125. Your mileage may vary depending on your dealer and their distributor.

I would say your best bet would be to call dealers in your area because it seems not everyone is seeing the price breaks...yet.

Oh yeah.No problem.The 036 Line is Pretty soft that they sell bulk.it's Multi Purpose.Just won't work on the 036 oilers without leaking from the Pump barb.I have seen Yellow Tygon used but I have completely quit using it.it's actually a useless waste of money I have found.it gets hard,brittle and usually the OD will shrink within a year.even using non ethanol.Then you have to start over.The black stihl stuff lasts much longer.Problem is they only offer 1 size.Echo However offers Bulk black line in 25 ft rolls for $28 and have 3 different Sizes.
I'm going to try to Identify the Hard Oil pump Hose for the 034/036/066/088 later on and see if I can find a larger length cheaper.too Expensive for a 6" section even though you have enough for 2 attempts.if you have pump trouble thats another $8.00+ for another Attempt.

Jughead - I saw earlier in this thread you mentioned Farmer Tec parts. I have bought from Huztl, Machines doctor, wangulo, and a few others off fleabay, and all the stuff I bought came in Farmer Tec packaging. I think it's all made by Farmer Tec and sold by lots of distributors online.

Just throwing that out there. I've had mostly good luck with their parts, I intend to keep purchasing from them. I also bought a fuel line from a local dealer in a pinch recently for an 026, and I couldn't believe the price. I've since bought six from china for the same price as one OEM.

Don't get me wrong, Stihl makes good stuff, but how do you justify the added cost to a customer that doesn't want to spend any money? Not everyone is into going OEM because of the cost, myself included. I can install an aftermarket piston and cylinder at a good price, make a profit and a happy customer. If that assembly grenades too soon, I will cover it under warranty. Now I can order another piston and cylinder, install it and be back up and running with no cost to the customer, and since I had enough profit margin to begin with, I don't eat the cost flat out. I have sold quite a few saws and repaired quite a few with aftermarket parts, and so far the only one that came back was an MS170 with an aftermarket carb that acted up. Stuck a new one in and everyone is happy.

I'm glad to see this. I tested a aftermarket hyway for $15-$20 in my Wild Thing with the stock afm rings.
I was thinking of buying a meteor piston kit for it for $40 shipped this year. But just ended up buying some Cabers from DD for like $9 a pair for the piston.
Now stihl and DD has had 066 OEM piston kits for $50's guess which way I will go now. Sure beats the $110-$130 BS they used to want.
I still want a 064 kit but will go Meteor for that being OEM is still over 100+.

Oh yeah.No problem.The 036 Line is Pretty soft that they sell bulk.it's Multi Purpose.Just won't work on the 036 oilers without leaking from the Pump barb.I have seen Yellow Tygon used but I have completely quit using it.it's actually a useless waste of money I have found.it gets hard,brittle and usually the OD will shrink within a year.even using non ethanol.Then you have to start over.The black stihl stuff lasts much longer.Problem is they only offer 1 size.Echo However offers Bulk black line in 25 ft rolls for $28 and have 3 different Sizes.
I'm going to try to Identify the Hard Oil pump Hose for the 034/036/066/088 later on and see if I can find a larger length cheaper.too Expensive for a 6" section even though you have enough for 2 attempts.if you have pump trouble thats another $8.00+ for another Attempt.
They have like 6 sizes of that echo line. 2 of them are clear instead of black. It holds up really well as impulse and fuel line

Jughead - I saw earlier in this thread you mentioned Farmer Tec parts. I have bought from Huztl, Machines doctor, wangulo, and a few others off fleabay, and all the stuff I bought came in Farmer Tec packaging. I think it's all made by Farmer Tec and sold by lots of distributors online.

Just throwing that out there. I've had mostly good luck with their parts, I intend to keep purchasing from them. I also bought a fuel line from a local dealer in a pinch recently for an 026, and I couldn't believe the price. I've since bought six from china for the same price as one OEM.

Don't get me wrong, Stihl makes good stuff, but how do you justify the added cost to a customer that doesn't want to spend any money? Not everyone is into going OEM because of the cost, myself included. I can install an aftermarket piston and cylinder at a good price, make a profit and a happy customer. If that assembly grenades too soon, I will cover it under warranty. Now I can order another piston and cylinder, install it and be back up and running with no cost to the customer, and since I had enough profit margin to begin with, I don't eat the cost flat out. I have sold quite a few saws and repaired quite a few with aftermarket parts, and so far the only one that came back was an MS170 with an aftermarket carb that acted up. Stuck a new one in and everyone is happy.
If you get farmer tec check In with Dave here and on ebay.Very good dude to deal with.can't beat his prices.

[QUOTE="fordf150, post: 5200980, member: 1111 they have like 6 sizes of that echo line. 2 of them are clear instead of black. It holds up really well as impulse and fuel line[/QUOTE]
Could you send me a conversation of what the different sizes?

Latest posts

Back