New stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
Well my old 334t took a sixty foot drop for its last time and bit the
dust. I went back to where I bought it and they did not have another
so I jokingly asked if falls were under warranty:laugh: I ended up getting
a ms200 the only bictc? in my fleet:hmm3grin2orange:

I really think stihl's warranty sucks 90 days I get that on a used transmission! I asked the dealer if I could get one without flippy caps, no so we pay 641.00 and don't get what we want what ever happened to the best service? I so far got to admit, I like this saw but time will tell and sure hope it doesn't get dropped!

Last edited:
Nope, Stihl comm. warranty is 90 days. I think Husky is 1 year (maybe) and I know Dolmars is.

Next time don't drop it! :greenchainsaw:

Well my old 334t took a sixty foot drop for its last time and bit the
dust. I went back to where I bought it and they did not have another
so I jokingly asked if falls were under warranty:laugh: I ended up getting
a ms200 the only bictc? in my fleet:hmm3grin2orange:

I really think stihl's warranty sucks 90 days I get that on a used transmission! I asked the dealer if I could get one without flippy caps, no so we pay 641.00 and don't get what we want what ever happened to the best service? I so far got to admit, I like this saw but time will tell and sure hope it doesn't get dropped!

Rope ole buddy,

You buy a saw you're not happy with, and don't like the warranty, but choose to come here and complain.

Good luck,

dr. joat.

PS: Call me office for an appointment.

Rope ole buddy,

You buy a saw you're not happy with, and don't like the warranty, but choose to come here and complain.

Good luck,

dr. joat.

PS: Call me office for an appointment.

Only top handle I could find in a tricity area. I can't wait for an order
besides it has so much fame we will have to see for myself what the hoopla
pertains too but it seem to run ok. As far as not dropping the 334t got hung
in a top being taken out of a removal I was doing and the fibers in the notch hung the chain as they sometimes do. I would have been able to save it by hanging on but the top would have then hinged into the power line below! I chose to let go verse the chance of service line being tore down.

You will fall in love with those flippy caps, and Stihl in general. Be careful you may find more Stihl's in your stable.:clap:

Joat, Rope complaining about a Stihl? No way!:D

Nah my big dawgs needed some female companionship but the bitc?
is a good runner:laugh: I will get some pics tomorrow but got to climb up
on a deer stand now! I won't gripe if it does me a good job for five to ten
years assuming it doesn't get dropped!

Only top handle I could find in a tricity area. I can't wait for an order
besides it has so much fame we will have to see for myself what the hoopla
pertains too but it seem to run ok. As far as not dropping the 334t got hung
in a top being taken out of a removal I was doing and the fibers in the notch hung the chain as they sometimes do. I would have been able to save it by hanging on but the top would have then hinged into the power line below! I chose to let go verse the chance of service line being tore down.

Rope,

Sounds like your doing better after our session.

dr. joat.

PS: Please don't touch the pretty nurse next time. She says that is hard to get mix out of her white dress.

You will fall in love with those flippy caps, and Stihl in general. Be careful you may find more Stihl's in your stable.:clap:

Brian,

That ole Rope is a sly fox. Ya know he's coming out of the closet. He's a Stihl lover.

Joat

Brian,

That ole Rope is a sly fox. Ya know he's coming out of the closet. He's a Stihl lover.

Joat

Leave poor rope alone. An emergency situation when no other saw is available doesn't count. Hey, I don't care what you Stihl boys do, but don't go exposing my family to it! :)

Leave poor rope alone. An emergency situation when no other saw is available doesn't count. Hey, I don't care what you Stihl boys do, but don't go exposing my family to it! :)

Space,

It is gratifying to see you rush in to help ole Rope. Is this your true character being displayed after peeling away layer upon layer of crusty nothingness? Perhaps it is a moment of weakness caused by your desire to attack me at the cost of exhibiting a human trait so seldom demonstated by you? Time will tell.

However, I must say, Rope needs no help in defending himself.

Husky kicks,

Joat

rope you ol dog you.

bout time you stepped up!

nice.

i'm telling you bud that saw is going to make you love it. saw of the year in my opinion.

take out the baffle and spark arrestor. use needle nose pliers and a screw driver to pull the limiter caps. it's easy and dont be scared to pull. straight up though!!! dont want to bung up the screw.

make sure to richen up them screws after you pull the baffle and spark arrestor.

best saw you have in your line up now man. run the snot out of it.

you'll see.

For once I agree with you, they aren't a problem - just a slight learning curve needed.....:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Wow go to the blind and set in 75%weather and not see nothing and
looky what ya all are up to! To all my Husky brethren I will not change
my big dawgs as they kick and even the little 334T worked like a charm
I was happy with it but no saw is going to take what it endured on that
dreadfull day. Now as far as the two hunge I will hope it is what everyone
says! I sure know it is over priced and under warranted imo but it seemed
strong on the sapling I used it for today, tomorrow it will get a workout.
I hope its weight is not an issue cutting and throwing from the bucket. I
hate snap cutting everything or roping. It does seem balzy though I did
get a free non safety chain with the deal! I could have bought two 334s
for the price but if it does the job I will be happy. I have a girl friend
for the boyz 372 ropensized 372 stocker 2101 395 now boyz we don't want
no fighting over her you will have to share:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back