• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Nos Husqvarna 268xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run a 268xp a few times and they are a Stout saw!
Very similar to a 272, but I like the 268 better. Not sure why, but really like the way they run...

Interesting....I didn't know the 268 came with the aluminum air deflector between the cylinder and muffler and 2 rubber spacers (instead of just 1) on the top side of the cylinder. I don't recall seeing those on the IPL either.

mint 242xp
minty Mastermind Ported husq 246 with 242xp topend taching 15,600.
may very well sell the Mastermind ported 272xp too.

Pics of those here:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/family-pics-my-saw-collection.263678/

Why Im selling some:
My mom (70 years old) found a pretty little Pit Bull walking down the road on a choke collar, dragging a logging chain. I wound up bringing the little girl home..... so became a foster in a way. I started emailing the different Pit Bull rescues in the area trying to find her a home. I knew I didnt want her going back where she broke free from. While waiting for ETPB rescue to have an opening, I paid out of pocket $482.77 to get Sophie (as I named her) wormed, flea treatment, skin treatment, all shots, spayed... trying to greaten her chances of being adopted. Then 2 weeks ago (Fri) she dug under the fence of her 40x60 kennel and into the ajoining kennel where my son's senior dog is. I am sure Sophie was just trying to play and jump around, and my son's dog is a grouch. Lucy snapped at her, and walked right into a fight she couldnt win. She had a chunk bit out of her side the size of my fist, her legs looked like that had been shot with buckshot, and her left front pad was near ripped off. We rushed her to our vet. He understood that my son's dog was to be saved irregardless of cost. Im sure he gave me a discount, but I still paid right at $1000. They got her sewed up and reconstructed her pad.
The very next day, ETPB emailed me and said they were ready for Sophie. Talk about a day late and a dollar short. They were made aware of the situation and picked her up.

Im not bad mouthing the breed. This was just something that happened. I stand by my opinion that there is no better breed to raise around your children. Heck, even Lucy, when I took her back to the vet to have the drain tube pulled from her side, the doctor had to stitch the wound closed... and she sat there and let him do it. Id post other pics of Lucy's injuries but they cast a bad image on the breed.
Stephen, you are a man among men. I'm proud of what you did for those dogs especially considering that none of them were yours. I can't agree with your assessment of the pit bull temperament and what lead to this unfortunate incident but that has nothing to do with you and me and your post. That's a beauty of a saw and one of very few or none on this planet. Knowing that you insist on mint condition saws, I will be watching your posts very carefully.

All the best to you and yours..
Matt

I hate to see you sell such a saw. But when it comes to our animals? They are family as well. My Shepard is like a son to me. My last Shepard passed 3 years ago now. And this little guy is only 9 months old. He has filled a void in my heart that I have had for a while. His name is Timber and a fantastic pup he is.. I love him dearly, as do my children.

Thanks for the post Steven. Good luck with the sale.

A pic of Timber last month (he was 84 lbs at 8 months here. He is 92 at 9 months now).

20141005_125911.jpg

I hate to see you sell such a saw. But when it comes to our animals? They are family as well. My Shepard is like a son to me. My last Shepard passed 3 years ago now. And this little guy is only 9 months old. He has filled a void in my heart that I have had for a while. His name is Timber and a fantastic pup he is.. I love him dearly, as do my children.

Thanks for the post Steven. Good luck with the sale.

A pic of Timber last month (he was 84 lbs at 8 months here. He is 92 at 9 months now).

View attachment 380961
Good seeing you around, brother. Sure like to talk to you some time.

You change that 6 to an 8 and I'll do a magic trick for you... It'll disappear to a new home...

The first two paychecks I had to rub together , I went down to the local dealer to buy the largest Husky saw I could afford. Walked down the rack and stopped cold at a 268 for 668$. It was 1992. I still have that saw with the original top end and if it had an odometer on it, it would have rolled over five times already. I'm designing a coffin with a 268 shaped annex so's I can fall timber on the other side.

The 268 lower end is basically a small bore 272 as they share the same crankcase. In my opinion the Huskies took a dip in quality after the "200 " series. JMO.

I am mighty tempted to pull the trigger on this saw…………..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back