• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Nos Husqvarna 268xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first two paychecks I had to rub together , I went down to the local dealer to buy the largest Husky saw I could afford. Walked down the rack and stopped cold at a 268 for 668$. It was 1992. I still have that saw with the original top end and if it had an odometer on it, it would have rolled over five times already. I'm designing a coffin with a 268 shaped annex so's I can fall timber on the other side.

The 268 lower end is basically a small bore 272 as they share the same crankcase. In my opinion the Huskies took a dip in quality after the "200 " series. JMO.

I am mighty tempted to pull the trigger on this saw…………..

This is a 1997 saw... cant remember if I said that earlier. This may very well be your last chance to ever possess another NOS 268xp.

I saw that 1997 on the decal, and noticed some differences from my old girl. Most notably the leaf sprung clutch and the HD style air filter. I know they did some different porting on the XP models (mine's a "plain") and started sticking limited coils on em…...

No its not ported. It is a NOS saw. Never seen fuel, never seen oil, never had a bar mounted. The tanks still smell like plastic.

I saw that 1997 on the decal, and noticed some differences from my old girl. Most notably the leaf sprung clutch and the HD style air filter. I know they did some different porting on the XP models (mine's a "plain") and started sticking limited coils on em…...

yes. does have the HD filter setup on it.

The model is not particularly rare. Im sure there were scads of them built.... but the Condition- NOS is rare indeed.

4.0 CI
66.7CC
50Bore
34 stroke
3.2KW
4.3HP
13.7weight

That's the power specs for the late production open port 268, not for the 268xp.

Also, something is up with that saw, as it is a 1997 saw, and the 268xp wasn't made after 1991 (except for a few marketed as the 268 Special in 1992/93 or so).
It really looks like a 268xp starter cover and top cover has found its way to an open port 268 - but I do of course not know that for a fact - or someone has been playing games with decales......

This is what I recieved from the sell on Aug 20th...
As far as the 268 goes it is a 1997 model year, is marked 268 on the black tag but has 268XP on its starter decal and has the 272XP standard top cover and box air filter set up. If you are still interested in any of these three saws 242, 246 or 268 let me know and I'll mail you pics.

Tim

The 268xp that I own and have the manual for had the metal chain brake on it.image.jpgif you can see in the picture of the saw it has 268xp
Displacement 4.1
67cc
Bore 50 mm
Stroke 34 mm
I would buy this in a heart beat but I'm working on something else,
Someone is going to get a great saw for a great deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back