• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Nos Husqvarna 268xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If people would do a little searching they would see that what you are asking is absolutely fair, And steven being a collector of saws is putting a Mint saw out there that im sure he would love to keep in the collection. This is not a saw thats been used and abused and is being passed off cause he has a new saw this is pretty much a brand new saw that has been in a box show a little respect hes giving a hell of a deal to anybody looking for a great saw not wanting to buy from some Craigslist or ebay scam artist trying to screw you over since you cant see it in person.

Hell yeah cant wait to let her rip, on a side Was in the local Stihl dealer today and they had a 044 sitting on the counter that was in beautiful condition asked them if it was for sale and they said the owner was gonna trade it in, but 2 other people had asked, so im 3rd in line should have taken a pic.

Id stay on him about it. 044s a great saw. May be the best saw Stihl ever made.

there is nothing.;)

somewhere between the 543xp and 545 I guess. Stihl it would be 241cm.

246 is not an xp saw though. it falls between the 242xp and 254xp.
The one I have isnt a true 246, it has a 44special topend and 242 piston. Tached at 15.6k. It's a bad little dude.:chop:

It's already priced at a rock bottom bargain price guys. This isnt a saw you can walk into the dealer and get off the shelf. If it was a current model, my price would have to compete with what a dealer would sell for, or better yet what a sponsor would sell for. But there isnt a dealer that I know of that you can walk in and buy a NOS 268xp off the shelf.

Im fine with it staying in a box on the shelf.

No problem boss, that's why I asked first. Wasn't looking to ruffle any feathers. Sometimes it's all about what a feller has in his wallet at the moment, disposable income for shelf queens is dear to be sure. Hope you find that buyer.

If people would do a little searching they would see that what you are asking is absolutely fair, And steven being a collector of saws is putting a Mint saw out there that im sure he would love to keep in the collection. This is not a saw thats been used and abused and is being passed off cause he has a new saw this is pretty much a brand new saw that has been in a box show a little respect hes giving a hell of a deal to anybody looking for a great saw not wanting to buy from some Craigslist or ebay scam artist trying to screw you over since you cant see it in person.

I have, and it is. Markets differ in what is a solid asking price and what will sit on the shelf. Respect was shown, where I'm from everything is negotiable when an item isn't moving.

I'd have to think it's a timing thing Steven, wallets are a bit tight right now.

Exactly.

Man that was a good deal. I wish I would've had some money to buy it.

there is nothing.;)

somewhere between the 543xp and 545 I guess. Stihl it would be 241cm.

246 is not an xp saw though. it falls between the 242xp and 254xp.
The one I have isnt a true 246, it has a 44special topend and 242 piston. Tached at 15.6k. It's a bad little dude.:chop:
There actually exist a few late 246s that say 246xp on them (I have seen two reasonably well documented ones), but I don't know if those had a closed port cylinder or not.

Also, there are some late 2149s that have a closed port 44 mm top end, made the same way as the 45 mm 353 ones - but I don't know if there were a similar version of the Husky 351.

Regarding what replaced what, it basically went like this from the 246:

246 > 351 > 353 > 545 - but that doesn't mean the saws have the same basic capasity, it just is about their place in the model assortment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back