Ohio GTG - Spring Fling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thanks for the offer fellas but moneys still flowing right now and not a big issue, just been taking care of some things before it gets that way. ;) I won't be officially laid off until the first of July, we've just been on shut down for the past two weeks. I go back to work on monday, and we're scheduled to work all but one week until the July shut down. Honestly guys I appreciate the offer but I'm doing fine for now, and should be for a while yet to come. :cheers:

Hi, Relative newbie to the forum, no stranger to CAS (chainsaw aquisition syndrome) :D. I asked for a saw for my 12th b-day... and got one! Anyway I dont think I have anything next Saturday, I may be able to come down. I really like watching racing and I know how to make firewood.:rolleyes: If the invitations still open and I still have nothing come Saturday morning count me in. Lemme know.

Looks like I'm going to have bow out of this GTG. Unfortunately my co-pilot/gas money splitter has scheduling problems and can't make it. Sorry Fellas.

Ian

Looks like I'm going to have bow out of this GTG. Unfortunately my co-pilot/gas money splitter has scheduling problems and can't make it. Sorry Fellas.

Ian

Yep, that would be me. Sorry guys, unexpected issues with my wifes work schedule is gonna prevent me from making this trip.:cry:

Wish I could be there.......

Hey gang, I know it will be a fun time!!!!!!!!! I wish I could be there, but it would be a very long drive for me, and my church is having a big conference this weekend. So..........

Step 1. HAVE FUN CUT WOOD BE SAFE

Step 2. REPEAT STEP 1 OVER AND OVER!:chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :chainsawguy: :hmm3grin2orange:

Haywired, Or anyone else, If it would help to drive to my place first and vanpool from there the invite is open.

Here is a map to give you a general idea where the GTG is located. Hope this helps. Sounds like setup will start around 9 and racing around 10. We'll likely begin with the smaller saws first.

CopyofmapofGTG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dusty and Ian, sorry to hear you guys cant make it, heres a few pics

Tif017.jpg

Tif018.jpg

Beech, around 20" on the small end two chunks of that

Oak 28" on the small end two good size chunks of that too.

Cottonwood I got two sections that are at 30-36" and that was 40' up the tree, butt logs had too much rot.

And of course poplar 8x's and 10x's

Tif016.jpg

I live 10 minutes away too. I don't have a saw to run but would sure like to see the big boys run. Any admission charge? Kids okay? My boys love chainsaws.

No charge, bring whoever and whatever. Should be plenty of woods ported saws there to see/watch/run

I just checked out the hourly forcast. 30% chance of scatter showers from 1-3 and then 40% chance of Tstorms from 4-6 then jumping to 50%. I think we can get this thing in. Too bad we won't have today's weather. It's going to be a beauty.

I'm hoping I get to come at this point. A couple months ago I was diagnosed with Menier's Disease. It's an inner ear thing. I had an attack last night. I'm feeling better this morning but still dizzy. I will be there if at all possible and I think the chances are good. It's just that there's no way I could drive with vertigo like that. I'd hate to get stuck at Dereck's place.:dizzy: That might not be so bad either. I'd just have to tear a saw or two down and hove him do some fancy machine work on them.:clap:

I'm looking forward to meeting some guys I've not met before and hooking up with others I have. We'll have a great time I'm sure.

Again, PM me for directions.

You guys loaded and ready to go? Still looks like the weathers going to hold out. Don't forget your cash. You just might find a deal or two. And for any of you newbies, or anyone else for that matter, DON'T LEAVE YOUR SAWS AT HOME!!!!!!!! I don't care if you have the slowest saw there. This is about chainsaws and cuttin' wood, not just who's is the fastest.

Just as a reminder...

There will be 8x8 10x10 poplar to race in.

20"+ pine rounds will be on hand as well as some big Cottonwood for big bar racing.

Slab ribs with dry rub and 2 type of brats will be for lunch. Plates and utensils will be provided. Bring your own drinks, chips, snacks, and side dish if so desired.

Please PM me for location details. It will be held in Perrysville, OH about 80 miles north of Columbus. I'm guessing this will be fairly well attended and should see some good saws, both modded and stock.

CopyofmapofGTG.jpg

Back