Oil...70$ a barrel & going higher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieKeith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It looks like we are in for it again this winter.
Sure am glad I can heat my home with wood to the tune of 50$ a month.

got some where around 15 cords bring it on and I hope them fools get caught with playing the futher oil stocks! (were not useing more oil)

this coming year will be the first full year with wood. last year we started in jan and i can tell you come family parties its the omg my bill was 300-400-500 a month for nat gas...i chime in mine was 40.00 heat and hot water for the month and i tell them its wood heat. then i hear well its alot of work for wood heat...and i say so is going to work to pay a 500 bill just to have my house at 62* come over my house and bring the pina colada and your shorts.

and yea if bush would stop sucking up to the oil companies its be half this price.

Fuel prices still amaze me.

i here its going to 100 soon :cry: tom trees
Correct. Figure $3 a gallon gasoline by July 1--maybe more. I'm surprised that diesel hasn't already gotten there.

Natural gas will start inching up slowly as well. However, can you believe that NG reached $14/mcf last year at this time? Currently less than $5/mcf. :dizzy:

I filled my 500 gal. propane tank up last summer probably at the end of June. I think that it had a tad over 80% in it then and it now has 74% in it. I have a gas cook stove and I used the furnace for about four days when I was gone last winter. It was the first winter that I heated exclusively with wood except for those four days.

I've used probably 35 or 40 gallons in almost a years time. I gave $1.999 a gal. for it so I've used $70.00 or $80.00 worth of gas.

They ain't makin' much money off of me. :biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

i here its going to 100 soon :cry: tom trees

Just for the sake of arguement, can you please provide a credible source for this information..? Not that I doubt it will, but as an example of how speculation and ASSumptions affect the futures market. Unless you (not Tomtrees), are a member of OPEC I don't believe you have any business giving your OPINION of the futures market other than to profit yourself. That is all....:givebeer:

**This posting was not at all meant negatively towards the OP, but rather the sheep that effect our daily lives**

Just for the sake of arguement, can you please provide a credible source for this information..? Not that I doubt it will, but as an example of how speculation and ASSumptions affect the futures market. Unless you (not Tomtrees), are a member of OPEC I don't believe you have any business giving your OPINION of the futures market other than to profit yourself. That is all....:givebeer:

**This posting was not at all meant negatively towards the OP, but rather the sheep that effect our daily lives**

:buttkick:go to work and look around its 275 here on L I now it gos up 5 to 8 cents a day:jawdrop: tom trees

I doubt seriously that it takes an "expert" to forecast gasoline prices in the short run. All you need is a ruler, a pencil, a sheet of graph paper, and a brain. You can also listen to the guy selling you the gasoline. He's paying through the nose for it.

$2.49 a gallon here. Dont know how they plan to make money off high priced gas when more people are out of jobs every day. Besides that people havent forgotten how it was when gas went over $4.00 a gallon. Everyone is still skiddish and will stop driving as much on vacations and weekend trips just like last time. Then the economy will suffer more. Going to have to put a briggs & stratton engine on a toilet bowl to drive before long that way we will be prepared when we go by and see the gas prices! ha!

i always buy Mobile...it's at $2.69 right now.

the problem is as the world economy picks up the pace, so does the demand for oil. as the demand increases, so does the price.

as the price of oil rises, so does the cost of shipping, manufacturing, etc etc and inflation sets in, then we have another recession, more forclosures, more layoffs, more bank failures, more bail outs, and the cycle repeats itself yet again.

gees...how soon we forget one year ago when we were paying almost 4 bucks a gallon.

Last edited:
gas is 2.98 here now I am sure it will be over 3 bucks by the end of the week end!

I saw $2.89 this afternoon. The Gas dock at one Marina is at $3.75.
Summer ain't even started and the Fudgies are getting hammered.

So much for tourism saving the local economy.... folks without jobs don't own big gas guzzling boats for long, they don't rent a dock, and they don't pay to stay in a 100 dollar a day cottage.

LOL!!
There's gonna be some starving black flies and skeeters up your way!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

How quickly the politicans forget. And the bankers and wall street. Last June the hedge funds and government got greedy. But the economy was on rosie street.Then in July gas/diesel went past $4.00/5.00 a gallon. By the end of July the people stop driving and buying fuel. The economy crashed end of August.

Just remember this time around the "bail-out" money the banks got is all gone.

Firewood was 150/full cord with fuel $2.30.
Here's my fuel cost adjustment this time around:

diesel cord

2.34 150
2.50 200
3.00 300
4.00 500
5.00 700

Low income, needy (no wood, no heat) - FREE.

Special pricing for bankers and politicans 1 cord = $1000 CASH before the load leaves the yard.

Know where I'm coming from ?

Last edited:
How quickly the politicans forget. And the bankers and wall street. Last June the hedge funds and government got greedy. But the economy was on rosie street.Then in July gas/diesel went past $4.00/5.00 a gallon. By the end of July the people stop driving and buying fuel. The economy crashed end of August.

Just remember this time around the "bail-out" money the banks got is all gone.

Firewood was 150/full cord with fuel $2.30.
Here's my fuel cost adjustment this time around:

diesel cord

2.34 150
2.50 200
3.00 300
4.00 500
5.00 700

Low income, needy (no wood, no heat) - FREE.

Special pricing for bankers and politicans 1 cord = $1000 CASH before the load leaves the yard.

Know where I'm coming from ?

:clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back