Old vintage saws everywhere I looked

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would work just fine I suppose...you got me leaning to the 20" bar now. Plus this one gets here Wed, the other Oregon 20" on ebay is 22 days.

I bet the Ebay one is made in USA vs Amazon is definitely made in China. I'm guessing the higher price plus if you look at the Homelite bar you linked, it looks similar and says made in usa.

Surprisingly some of the oregon stuff is made in usa still. I have oregon chain I bought at box stores recently that was made in usa and I think the 14" single rivet oregon bar and chain combo for my echo cs400 I bought at Walmart is usa made. Have to see what others say. I'm no pro like alot of these guys are.

I found real old sugihara bar but I'm having trouble determining if its a d196 mount. It predates there new identification system. I looked everywhere other than ask Ray if he has a sugihara chart from the 60's/70'sScreenshot_20220228-215009_eBay.jpg

I found real old sugihara bar but I'm having trouble determining if its a d196 mount. It predates there new identification system. I looked everywhere other than ask Ray if he has a sugihara chart from the 60's/70'sView attachment 969346
If you have some calipers, measure the slot to see if its 9.5MM. if it is then I would say its D196 /D096

I found real old sugihara bar but I'm having trouble determining if its a d196 mount. It predates there new identification system. I looked everywhere other than ask Ray if he has a sugihara chart from the 60's/70'sView attachment 969346

Brufab , the D196 bar that I measured had a 0.375" slot . The oil hole center line is 7/8" above the slot center line .

Yea the sugihara bar is on ebay but it sure looks like D196 next to an Oregon bar. Would be pretty sweet to have one on a remington pl4/pl5 shelf queen.View attachment 969440View attachment 969441
I'm sorry, when I read you "found" one, I just immediately took it that you had it in a pile of bars you had laying around...maybe worth asking the seller if they can measure. I did on a Remington 18" I see on Ebay now as I could use it on the SL4 and the 20" probably on a Homelite c51 or c52 as they look similar and have the same slot size.

Wish I could get my hands on one of them 2 man saws id love to find an IEL 2 man just to hang up. Not too many 2 man saws in southern Ontario no real logging operations by the time chainsaws came to be.

Getting closer to done on the Remington SL4...It's better than it was. Have a detail outline to tape off on the cover and going to respray the bottom and try some clear coat to see if it will help hold and keep the chipping down.
The bar n chain came in too, 20", 3/8. Said it had a scratch on the paint as to why it was only 31 bucks... scratch is back by the clutch so who cares.
These pics show the air lid with a lot of paint missing. I ended up taping up the middle of the cover to keep the name and just painted the side. saw with paint2.jpegsaw with paint3.jpegsaw with paint4.jpeg

Back