Oldies but Goodies Still Working

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Ok, I'm a little slow. I finally figured out how to post the pic rather than just the attachment.:clap:

Here's a few! The first is a pic of my 2100, which I save for milling the large wood. Smaller trees get a visit from the Jonsereds brothers, shown in the second pic (they're both 910s). Third pic is one of the Johnnys doing milling duty. I love the old stuff, and I had trouble picking which old saws I'd include. Good thread!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
We bought my Dad an 041 back in 1977, and it still runs good to this day, although it isn't an AV model like your Dad's. Great saws and I just love the sound. One thing that strikes me as odd, I have never seen one with a white hand guard, the ones I've seen were always black.:confused:

I just went through this saw for him and rebuilt the carb, replaced the condensor and put on a new bar. He bought it new in '73 and it's still got a ton of compression on the original piston and rings! Heated our house for over 30years and helped the neighbors quite a bit.

The local dealer just had 2 041's in for service while I was there. One black hand guard and one white.

Oh yeah, you gotta love the bark they have!:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

As good as the new saws are - it's really great to hear all the positive comments from everyone about using their "old favorites". Additionally it shows that with a bit of maintenanence these workhorses will just keep on going - -maybe forever!

Super photos guys! :cheers:

Al

Two More Oldies Still Working!

View attachment 58811

View attachment 58812

View attachment 58813Here are some pictures of yesterdays madness. I took 5 of my old saws but due to the size of the blow down log we only used these two. Homelite XL925 with a 30" bar and .404 skip and a Homelite 410 with a 24" bar and full comp chain. They got the job done! The other three saws ( Husky 61 - 20", Jonesred 70 - 20" and a Jonsered 49SP - 20" ) will get to do a 18" plus Maple near the barn later this week.......Bob:greenchainsaw:

Back