Only One Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one saw????!!!! Okay....MS460. And I don't even own one. I'd have to get rid of the 066s, the 660, the 361, and the old solid iron Macs that I'll get around to fixing one of these days. One saw???!!! Isn't that inhuman, or perverted or unconstitutional or something? :censored: :censored: :givebeer:

yes

Only one saw????!!!! Okay....MS460. And I don't even own one. I'd have to get rid of the 066s, the 660, the 361, and the old solid iron Macs that I'll get around to fixing one of these days. One saw???!!! Isn't that inhuman, or perverted or unconstitutional or something? :censored: :censored: :givebeer:

I don't think it is possible to have TOO many saws. Nope, not possible.:hmm3grin2orange: ;) :laugh: :D :biggrinbounce2:

Too big for some jobs but too small for other jobs...

I'll take the 7900 because it hits 90 percent of my jobs SPOT ON!

*non-professional opinion--but I have a taste for excellent equipment.:biggrinbounce2:

Yeah, ONE saw--wait a minute, what are we talking about here?!!

Husky 350 (laugh all you want) does 90% of everything you need, light, powerfull enough, and you can't break the damn things!!!

ONE SAW??? does not compute..

In any case, how ya going to get ya one stuck saw out of the log when you don't have another to cut it out?

It would be a tossup between a 361 (muffler modded) and a 440 (Dp muffler).

attachment.php

Difficult Question

I guess I'd have to say a 361 since that's what I currently have. I really like this saw and It's hard to imagine not having it! However, I just got my hands on a 441(R) and something is telling me that it would be a terrible sin not to own this saw. This is a real dilemma! Well...for the moment...the answer is 361! Does STIHL make a 361441(R)? :)

can you put a BB460 on a 440?
just wondering if its bolt up and the rod pins match (sizes)
-Ralph

Seems like it would depend on what you cut.. your "bread and butter" so to speak. I like overkill as much as the next guy, but I think to give my back a break I'd would avail myself of a nice light saw in the 50cc range. I'd have to give up milling, but I'd be able to heat my house. I only heat with oak and juniper.... I try to avoid the Ponderosa.. enormous trees here but too pitchy. Most of the oak around here is fairly small diameter as is the juniper. I'd choose a professional grade Stihl or Husqvarna in the middle range, probably wouldn't matter which brand as I like 'em both.

can you put a BB460 on a 440?
just wondering if its bolt up and the rod pins match (sizes)
-Ralph

The Std 460 bolts won't match, but can be modified... I assume the BB has the same issue. Question is can the bottom end take it, and, is there enough crankcase volume to effectively feed a BB..

Also... If the BB is has marginal gains on the 460, why not just stay with a std 460 bore on the 440 upgrade.. oh.. that's an 044BB, and it bolts right on:D

The Std 460 bolts won't match, but can be modified... I assume the BB has the same issue. Question is can the bottom end take it, and, is there enough crankcase volume to effectively feed a BB..

Also... If the BB is has marginal gains on the 460, why not just stay with a std 460 bore on the 440 upgrade.. oh.. that's an 044BB, and it bolts right on:D

thanks Andy, I'm not doing it, I was just wondering why anyone would buy a BB440 if the BB460 would bolt up is all.
-Ralph

definantly a dolmar 7900. Now if i could have two saws, It would be tow dolmar 7900's.:greenchainsaw:

thanks Andy, I'm not doing it, I was just wondering why anyone would buy a BB440 if the BB460 would bolt up is all.
-Ralph

Well, it "bolts up", but requires even more massaging to fit, both on the cylinder and the case. And I'd rather have a stock 46 top end personally, OEM parts and all.

Latest posts

Back