Opinions on saws in the $400-450 range.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If going new, I'd say 590.

If going used, I'd say the 361 or the 441 that is on the trader right now.

Both Saws are priced right.

I would prefer that new saw smell. I guess something to keep in mind is this is not my first saw, but will be my first pro saw. I recently upgraded my lawn equipment and have loved the next level so I thought I would do the same with my saws. The PP5020 does well but I'm looking forward to something that does great. I have learned a lot from the guys on this site about care and maintenance of saws so my next saw will be better cared for than my poor 5020. Anyway that's where I'm at. 450 seems like a reasonable number but I'm not opposed to going higher if there is good reason to. Most of the trees I cut are in the 16 to 20 inch range, every now and then I may get a 24.

I would prefer that new saw smell. I guess something to keep in mind is this is not my first saw, but will be my first pro saw. I recently upgraded my lawn equipment and have loved the next level so I thought I would do the same with my saws. The PP5020 does well but I'm looking forward to something that does great. I have learned a lot from the guys on this site about care and maintenance of saws so my next saw will be better cared for than my poor 5020. Anyway that's where I'm at. 450 seems like a reasonable number but I'm not opposed to going higher if there is good reason to. Most of the trees I cut are in the 16 to 20 inch range, every now and then I may get a 24.
Oh hell no...don't say now "you're willing to go higher and up the funds", lol. This thing will turn into 33 pages quick like. :laugh:

I would suggest something a lot less trouble prone. Every week seems to be a new thread on how the 562 doesn't run right or won't start or the dealer has had it for weeks and still no news.
The Echo is a much better option in my opinion. And it is almost half the price.

Why? The Echo would be less expensive if I got on the annual sale.
The 680 is bigger heavier, slower, but should have good torque. I only briefly handled one and knew it was not a saw it was looking for.

Ok I will have to draw a line somewhere or we will be talking $1000 saws soon. Lets keep it below $650 new tops. That can include sale prices. Its more than I would want to spend but I don't want to not consider something a little out of my original budget.
Future pages 20-33 are reserved for $1000 saw talk, lol. Now that we've taken the ceiling to $650...550XP, 555, or now you're gettin' damn close to 562XP territory.

I would suggest something a lot less trouble prone. Every week seems to be a new thread on how the 562 doesn't run right or won't start or the dealer has had it for weeks and still no news.
The Echo is a much better option in my opinion. And it is almost half the price.
I just know what i have run. I was mostly kidding i am aware its much more than the OP wants/needs to spend. Dont knock them till you try them though. I have nothing positive or negative to say about echo's. I havent ran one.

Back