Poulan 25DS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briantutt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Poulan 25DA?

I just was given a Poulan saw think it says 25DA but the writing is kind of funny. Is this thing even worth taking up garage space? Uncle says it runs but I don't know.

Last edited:
yes keep it

nice size for limbin and trash . also because it was a saw someone in your family own makes it more worth keepin. even if it quit tomorow put on a shelf and remember the person who gave it to ya:rock:
:givebeer: :popcorn:

Poulan 25DA ??

I just was given a Poulan saw think it says 25DA but the writing is kind of funny. Is this thing even worth taking up garage space? Uncle says it runs but I don't know.

Yes - these ARE above average/good saws. Not a cheaper clamshell design.
Cylinder is bolted to real crankcases. Carb is up on top, out of dirty air, and stays clean. Carb is fully adjustable. Not sure if yours is 32cc's or 38cc's. But well built and designed.
Far superior to some others brands of this type saw. If yours has Anti-Vib, it's probaly 38cc's...
They run well & are very reliable.
If yours has been sitting a while, might have to replace fuel lines -- typical.
Easy to work on also. Oilers usually work good--they are a crankcase pressure design.
Pull the muffler and inspect the cylinder.
Get it running/tuned well. You'll be impressed!
Good Luck.

Good little saws with plenty of power. Enjoy it. Sounds good too for a little motor.:chainsaw:

Spark Plug?

Does anyone know if Champion CJ6 is the correct spark plug for this saw. I have it all cleaned up but need a new plug...

very good saw model good quality built in america about a 1980s saw early 90s

parts can be tough to find but im getting ready to put some on ebay unless i find some poulan owners who are interested in a good deal on these parts

Try closer to 1970 to start with em.

wow you mean my parts i have is 1970 parts wow no wonder they are hard to find buyers for

mark you know how hard it is to find new pistons for them i am being nice i only have 2 on the shelf

i am undercutting myself on them trying to get them sold
i am willing to let one go for $ 30.00 and get this someone can come along and get both of them for $ 45.00 these pistons are nla by poulan so the only parts that are missing is the clips the rings i have plenty of in case the box does not have any

but i am hoping to find someone to snatch these pistons expecally the last msrp on them was $ 30.69 each in sept 2007 was when they went obsolete

here is the link if you want to look at the image so pass the word around about this and brian if you are interested let me know i will even throw in some other items if someone will order these

i will throw in some free gifts in who ever orders this

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/poulan-piston-and-pin-530-069298.html

S25da

I put the correct plug in and filler er up with fuel. Pulled and pulled and pulled, nothing...checked spark and it has lots of spark so I poured some fuel right in the carb. about 3 pulls later she took off and sounded good but as soon as it burned the fuel up she quite. Repeated again, same thing. I don't see any fuel coming in through the upper fuel line. Is this a carb problem or a fuel filter problem?:chainsaw:

I put the correct plug in and filler er up with fuel. Pulled and pulled and pulled, nothing...checked spark and it has lots of spark so I poured some fuel right in the carb. about 3 pulls later she took off and sounded good but as soon as it burned the fuel up she quite. Repeated again, same thing. I don't see any fuel coming in through the upper fuel line. Is this a carb problem or a fuel filter problem?:chainsaw:

that sounds like it could be a plugged up filter cause if it is running ok with you putting fuel manually to the carb bypassing the fuel tank its possible the filter is plugged i think that takes the 530095646 filter the carb also could be plugged up but i doubt it check that filter to see if it is dirty or gummed up fuel line in the tank

if the saw has not been running lately it could be plugged up line etc. so its got a fuel issue just have to trouble shoot the system to find out what is causing the issue

Carb area is super clean and right now I don't even have the air filter and top cover on it. The fuel line is clear and looks really clean (looks pretty new). How do I get at the fuel filter? Do I have to drop the tank or can I fish it out the filler hole somehow?

Carb area is super clean and right now I don't even have the air filter and top cover on it. The fuel line is clear and looks really clean (looks pretty new). How do I get at the fuel filter? Do I have to drop the tank or can I fish it out the filler hole somehow?

Do not try to separate the tank, fish the filter out with some wire. Pull off the side cover and check the fuel line as it snakes through the motor. They do frequently break along the bends.

Yep I will need fuel line. I fished the line out of the tank and the filter looks pretty clean. The tubing is dated 6/11/02 so it has been replaced but int he tank it has hardenend and is not very flexible at all (holds it's shape when bent or squeezed. I will need an air filter as well if you have one.

And ohhhhh boy does it look fun trying to wind that line through the case holes....

And the IPL shows a gasket under the air filter cover, if it's supposed to have one mine is missing that as well. PM me if you have all these parts please, you could paypal bill me if that's an option...

Back