Recomend a 70+ CC saw whats your favorite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The air filtration on a 7900 with the HD filter is at least equal to the Stihl in terms of filtering, and the DolMak has more grunt :D

have they fixed the filters falling apart I seam to remember matt having trouble with that and at least with the stihl or husky it's all there and you don't have to go and buy more stuff to make it the way It should be in the first place

Never had a problem with mine (yet)

The Husky filtration is almost second rate in comparison I hate to say and remember they just don't have the dust problem OS we have here and in South Africa.

Depends on what you wont
Im talking ported saws here
If you cut a little firewood and like a torquey saw and ant bother by crap AV and filter system then the 461 is the go.
If you cut a lot of firewood and like a smooth,good AV,good filter system,less fumes and fuel,Auto tune saw then the 441C is the go.
I like the R (wrap models) ya get twin bumber spikes,roller chain catcher,high out put oiler and in the 441 stiffer AV springs,and if ya dont like the wrap handle change it to a standard one.:msp_biggrin:

Don't overlook the 365's.. with a few minutes work you can have a 372 all for less money!

My "365 Special" holds it's own... it was left alone with this chimp that walks around with a grinder though.... :D

Husqvarna 372XP. Very awesome saw. I have a 20" on mine currently and it just rips through huge logs and asks for more. The only drawback of a 70+cc saw is going to be the weight however. Great for bucking and felling, I will grab my 550xp for the medium/smaller limbing stuff just to save my arms and back.

It's the Husky decomp..... :msp_sneaky:

290476d1366038868-044-440-087-jpg

Skip 70cc and get a MS660 for a 2 saw plan. The difference in weight is miniscule and 90cc will do it better, faster, and do more than a 70cc saw.

Then put a Big Bore kit on it. :rock:

Skip 70cc and get a MS660 for a 2 saw plan. The difference in weight is miniscule and 90cc will do it better, faster, and do more than a 70cc saw.

Then put a Big Bore kit on it. :rock:

The MS660 is a saw I have no use for. They can be made into fairly serious runners but are just too damn heavy......plus my 372XPs will beat the pants off of them even after being ported at a huge weight savings.

The Big Bore kits I've seen for the 660 are all junk BTW.

Back