Recomend a 70+ CC saw whats your favorite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not seeing much love for any of the Stihl saws in the 70-80cc range. What does a 372/375 do that puts ahead of the rest. Stock for stock of course. I see alot of old Stihl saws that look like they have been to hell and back and they still go for a lot of dough? How are the new Husky saws holding up? Ive seen rumblings of crank bearing issues too. Do the 3/8 .050 72 chains I have fit on a 20" husky bar?

Stock Stihl ms441 with 25 inch bar and chain, no stock husky or dolmar is going to run any better.

[video=youtube;SSDOgwDhjQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSDOgwDhjQY[/video]

[video=youtube;OuA0W9APlbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuA0W9APlbE[/video]

My favorite saw to run is a McCulloch CP70, with a 24 inch bar and chain it could use a 8 pin rim to bring up the chain speed. This saw is no longer 72cc it has been upgraded to the 82cc power plant.

So not seeing much love for any of the Stihl saws in the 70-80cc range. What does a 372/375 do that puts ahead of the rest. Stock for stock of course. I see alot of old Stihl saws that look like they have been to hell and back and they still go for a lot of dough? How are the new Husky saws holding up? Ive seen rumblings of crank bearing issues too. Do the 3/8 .050 72 chains I have fit on a 20" husky bar?

Little lighter and to me I'd rather run a longer bar on the 372's than the 441's. My run time on a 441 is limited but it was enough to see a difference. The only problem with them right now is people like to lean them out.

To be fair, the 75cc 372 is no longer made. And, all 441s now made are M-Tronic. The M-Tronic version is significantly stronger. I'd definitely take it over a new 372 XTorq.

The X-Torq makes a damn fine runner when done right......and not too shabby stock. I've got several out there. One guy is running a 32" bar on one I built. :msp_ohmy:

I agree with your assessment, Randy. I'm just saying that there are better options, IMHO.

I really don't think the X-Torq will be around too much longer.......I'm a huge fan of the 441CM BTW. :D

As far as the 75cc 372XP not being made anymore........how many do you want? :laugh:

I haven't run the number of saws most of the other members here on the board have run. I do see a few come through my little side line repairs and all I can say is the 660 that came through was a disappointment. It pulled good and all but for the weight I'd rather have my 365/72. They were both wearing a 24" bar and an 8 pin rim. The '72 is ported and the 660 had plenty of compression.. just never really excited me. Other thing that is very beneficial to me is the ability to order genuine Husky parts online. I have more flexibility than most with my job and getting by a shop is sometimes hard for me to do. I do all I can support honest local shops, but they are few and far between. With a Husky, I can dial up a site sponsor and have parts to my door in the same time that I could order them at the shop, maybe 1-2 days extra tops. That's just my $.02

Now back to the sidelines for me....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I haven't run the number of saws most of the other members here on the board have run. I do see a few come through my little side line repairs and all I can say is the 660 that came through was a disappointment. It pulled good and all but for the weight I'd rather have my 365/72. They were both wearing a 24" bar and an 8 pin rim. The '72 is ported and the 660 had plenty of compression.. just never really excited me. Other thing that is very beneficial to me is the ability to order genuine Husky parts online. I have more flexibility than most with my job and getting by a shop is sometimes hard for me to do. I do all I can support honest local shops, but they are few and far between. With a Husky, I can dial up a site sponsor and have parts to my door in the same time that I could order them at the shop, maybe 1-2 days extra tops. That's just my $.02

Now back to the sidelines for me....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The same is true for Dolmar. I do have a pretty good Stihl dealer, and they don't stick it to me on shipping, but the prices, well let's just say you pay for the name. Husky isn't so much better, and because my local dealer does a good job, I usually order from them unless I have an order coming from elsewhere for non-Husky and Husky parts. Then I just throw the Husky stuff in and save a bit.

Latest posts

Back