Recomend a 70+ CC saw whats your favorite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar3

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a saw for felling and bucking hardwoods want to run a 20" inch bar. Thinking about the MS461. Whats my best option here. I have a 261 for limbing and smaller work. But I want something bigger to fill out a 2 saw plan. Partial to Stihl but keeping an open mind

Well since they took my first choice I'd say you can't go wrong with a Dolmar 7900

Looking for a saw for felling and bucking hardwoods want to run a 20" inch bar. Thinking about the MS461. Whats my best option here. I have a 261 for limbing and smaller work. But I want something bigger to fill out a 2 saw plan. Partial to Stihl but keeping an open mind

20" bar, STIHL ms 441R the best air filtration in the business

and will pull a 28" no probs over there top fuel economy as well

You beat me to it.
Why screw around?

I mean I love my 385xp but the 7900 is the cheater sitting right at 78.5 cc. I like how they handle they have some things I don't like but I don't see where they're any less of a saw than a 461 or 576 in that ball park.

Id like to see somebody buy that NOS Jonsered 2171 in the classifieds so it quits taunting me. Surprised nobody has jumped all over that. If I didnt already have one it would be mine.:msp_wub:

Someone around here likes to say "life begins at 5 cubes" I try to live by those words. If it has to be 70cc and Stihl the 441 is hard to beat, then again the 660 is not that much heavier.

First choice 372, preferably ported. Second choice is the 044, Third choice is Mac 700. These are all true 70cc saws. Much as I love my 460 and would love a 461, those are over 70cc's. A 038 mag would be a runner as well.

Latest posts

Back