Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 242
User Name Posts
spacemule 66
THALL10326 42
2000ssm6 19
ShoerFast 18
Peacock 15
lxt 6
Lakeside53 6
SAWITALL 6
FSTS 6
Woodie 5
Joggerjack 4
HUSKYMAN 3
Hugenpoet 3
impetus 3
Freakingstang 3
wireedm 2
Cliff R 2
Joe379 2
Ole Farmerbuck 2
Chris J. 1
.aspx 1
nikocker 1
litefoot 1
04ultra 1
maccall 1
parrisw 1
PlantBiologist 1
Gologit 1
Just Mow 1
sILlogger 1
greengoblin 1
Toyjunkie 1
Hyzer Creek 1
bcorradi 1
adkranger 1
Macmuncher 1
belgian 1
romeo 1
superfire 1
czar800 1
cuttinscott 1
Ray Bennett 1
Cedarkerf 1
ropensaddle 1
chainsawaddict 1
bwalker 1
Erick 1
ciscoguy01 1

I think i stay out of this, as it depends on what exact models you compare....:cheers:

ShoerFast said:
Why would that upset Stihl fans?
So the Stihl make more power*(2 then the husky, no big deal there, we see that all the time!
*(2 Air in, power out, that Stihl did show it was using air.

ShoerFast said:
Cause that vid shows nothing!

Unless you think a saw make by a Vacuum Cleaner manufacture should do will wil a pile of wood chips poured on it?

Makes me think they should have a French Maid apron PPE with the Husky logo?

ShoerFast said:
Might as well cut wood if your talking chainsaws....
Test 460 vs 385 vs 660

ShoerFast said:
Now back to a ligitement test,,,,, only to someone with as little trigger time as yourself, as to others, they will know there is a h311 of a lot more that goes into a good saw then a pretty air-filter.

The rough times are ...

For the 76.5cc is about 15.5 seconds

For the 84.7cc is about 16.0 seconds

For the 91.6cc is about 14.0 seconds

The test shows

ShoerFast said:
There was a reason I did not mention the brands as I stated there about times, just there cc's , stage of mod has been brought up.

Now honestly tell me that the brands had nothing to do with you posting the video and pointing out the times.

What if the times would have read:
For the 84.7cc is about 14.5 seconds

Or better yet, how about if the video showed:
MS361 = 15.5 seconds
MS441 = 16.0 seconds
MS460 = 14.0 seconds

Would you have still posted the video link?

Using that video to try to show that Stihls are better than Husqvarnas, as you appear to be doing based on your responses prior to posting that link, is just as bad as FSTS's posting of the equally bullchit air injection video to show that Husky's are better.

And I will end my participation in this argument with this:
My personal opinion on the Husky vs Stihl subject is that it comes down to preference. As long as the saws being compared are of the same class (e g. 70cc pro saw) durability is going to equal assuming the same operator treatment and maintenance.

and..., we have a winner. Spacemule is the NEW PW :greenchainsaw:

Not for long, dayumm if I'm letting some dayummm lawyer steal this show, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

(pssssssst Lake, whats a PW,LOL)

Last edited:
Now honestly tell me that the brands had nothing to do with you posting the video and pointing out the times.

What if the times would have read:
For the 84.7cc is about 14.5 seconds

Or better yet, how about if the video showed:
MS361 = 15.5 seconds
MS441 = 16.0 seconds
MS460 = 14.0 seconds

Would you have still posted the video link?

Using that video to try to show that Stihls are better than Husqvarnas, as you appear to be doing based on your responses prior to posting that link, is just as bad as FSTS's posting of the equally bullchit air injection video to show that Husky's are better.

And I will end my participation in this argument with this:
My personal opinion on the Husky vs Stihl subject is that it comes down to preference. As long as the saws being compared are of the same class (e g. 70cc pro saw) durability is going to equal assuming the same operator treatment and maintenance.

I never kept it a secret, I like Stihl, but are you typical of husky fans?

As one of the longest running threads on AS pointed out how well 385's mod out, ask someone to tell you the story.

Dig away if you would like, thats your dime.

Hey Joe379

Not to get off topic here but your over a state from me, your in W.Va and I'm in northern Va. What part of W.Va you in?

That 50 hours is not "expected lifetime", but how many hours it's guaranteed to comply with whatever emission restrictions it's confessing to.

The 142, however, is assembled by Poulan, with no extended quality expectation just for it's Husqvarna badge, and therefor the "expected lifetime" might co-incidentially just be the same...

wow,,,, Makes me want to run to HD, TSC, or Lowes and get one!!!!!!!

I think i stay out of this, as it depends on what exact models you compare....:cheers:

Hell Sawtroll this thread doesn't amount to a hill of beans. The orginal poster that started this thread was unhappy with a 357 that fried due to a air leak after 6 months. If it had a air leak then any saw would fry after 6 months. The only thing in all seriousness I'll say about it is this. If that were a saw I sold, air leak or no air leak, the warranty period would have went out the window. I would have picked up the phone, called Stihl and explained what took place and ask nicely if we can help the guy out abit. I sit here knowing as well as I'm breathing Stihl would have told me fix it, send us the bill, keep your customer happy. Seems to me his dealer would have done the samething but apparently did not. Why is the real question in this thread, its not about saws at all, its about a unhappy customer.

The rest of this thread is mostly all good fun, the usual back and forth, the tug and pull between brand loyals. Same ole same ole. I will make no bones about it, I favor Stihl because of how far they will bend the warranty period to keep people happy. If others back theirs as well then more power to them I say. I still wonder why the posters 357 wasn't taken of. Seems now he's heading over to Cuttinscotts to look at Dolmars. That in itself shows that 357should have been taken care of. Wouldn't you agree ole feller?,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I just want to know why the Stihlheads get defensive when it comes to reliability?

Well I like My Stihls there is no doubt,,,,,

defensive?????????

I'm just havin fun,,,,,

I own 4 huskies and they are all great saws,,,,,,,

but they are all pro grade and have held up great!!!!

I just want to know why the Stihlheads get defensive when it comes to reliability?

Dave if i recall correctly it wasn't the Stihlheads as you say that went on the defensive. Peacock pointed out a few things he had seen and the Husky lawyer Spacemule went on the defensive with hear say tatics. Since then its been back and forth between the Stihlheads and the HuskyDogs,opppps, well you started with the name calling,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Huh?

Hell Sawtroll this thread doesn't amount to a hill of beans. The orginal poster that started this thread was unhappy with a 357 that fried due to a air leak after 6 months. If it had a air leak then any saw would fry after 6 months. The only thing in all seriousness I'll say about it is this. If that were a saw I sold, air leak or no air leak, the warranty period would have went out the window. I would have picked up the phone, called Stihl and explained what took place and ask nicely if we can help the guy out abit. I sit here knowing as well as I'm breathing Stihl would have told me fix it, send us the bill, keep your customer happy. Seems to me his dealer would have done the samething but apparently did not. Why is the real question in this thread, its not about saws at all, its about a unhappy customer.

The rest of this thread is mostly all good fun, the usual back and forth, the tug and pull between brand loyals. Same ole same ole. I will make no bones about it, I favor Stihl because of how far they will bend the warranty period to keep people happy. If others back theirs as well then more power to them I say. I still wonder why the posters 357 wasn't taken of. Seems now he's heading over to Cuttinscotts to look at Dolmars. That in itself shows that 357should have been taken care of. Wouldn't you agree ole feller?,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Tommy - if you go back and reread the original couple of posts this joker never even took the saw back to the Husky Dealer!!!!! So unless the dealer had ESP how to heck would he even be able to help??

Just thought I'd point that out. Al

Sure I would, I didn't care to read the tread, because of the topic in the heading.......:cheers: :cheers: (only two left for me, as you used up six.....)

Now, how about relics from the 1980s, or even the 1960s in parts of the world.....LOL

Last edited:
Tommy - if you go back and reread the original couple of posts this joker never even took the saw back to the Husky Dealer!!!!! So unless the dealer had ESP how to heck would he even be able to help??

Just thought I'd point that out. Al

Well that answers my question why the 357 was never taken care of, thanks. If thats the case he still has time to take it back and let Husky fix it, true?

Latest posts

Back