Scored a Brand New MS 441 CM today,,,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maulhead

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I always read about other people getting good deals on C/L but every time I find one,, I'm a day late or a dollar short!!!

I finally got a good deal today!! Saw this ad on Denver C/L (see ad below) at 1st I thought it was someones idea of a sick joke, or a typo in price, so i didn't call. I thought about it for about 30 minutes, then thought what the heck I better call, just in case it is real.

I called the guy and asked him a few questions. It was a legit ad and price was not a typo. He said he was at the dealer with his daughter before fathers day (this year) getting something for his 291 and made the comment on how Bad A$$ that 441 looked, well that was all it took she bought it for him as a fathers day gift. He told me he loved the thoughtfulness in the gift, but he has no use for a saw of this size, and would never use it. He does not have a wood stove and only uses his 291 a few times a year to trim some of his trees on his property. He was aware of what she had paid for it, but he just wanted to sell it fast, so was not going to try and get close to retail price. That said I just had to ask him, "are you firm on the price then"?? He said he would come down to $650.

Saw is brand new never seen a piece of wood. They fueled it at the dealer and test ran it, that's it. Came with a 25" bar, tool kit, and the owners manual. For $650, I could NOT BE MORE HAPPY!! Been thinking about buying a new 441 at the dealer, now I dont have to.

I made arrangements to meet up with him and buy it. he called me back about 1 hour after we hung up and asked if I was for sure going to buy it, as he had other people calling wanting it. I told him YES, as long as everything checks out like you say when I get there I'm buying it, so tell the other people it is SOLD!!

Here is the ad,

CLdenver >all for sale / wanted >tools - by owner

Stihl MS 441C Magnum 25in Bar - $675 (Bailey)

441.jpg

441cm.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

New Stihl MS 441C Magnum 25in Bar. I got this saw for fathers day and never used it and don't think I will. If interested Call Dave at
show contact info

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4646296481

updated: 22 hours ago

That may require an official you SUCK!!! Glad to know somebody gets lucky.:cool::D:D:clap:

I always read about other people getting good deals on C/L but every time I find one,, I'm a day late or a dollar short!!!

I finally got a good deal today!! Saw this ad on Denver C/L (see ad below) at 1st I thought it was someones idea of a sick joke, or a typo in price, so i didn't call. I thought about it for about 30 minutes, then thought what the heck I better call, just in case it is real.

I called the guy and asked him a few questions. It was a legit ad and price was not a typo. He said he was at the dealer with his daughter before fathers day (this year) getting something for his 291 and made the comment on how Bad A$$ that 441 looked, well that was all it took she bought it for him as a fathers day gift. He told me he loved the thoughtfulness in the gift, but he has no use for a saw of this size, and would never use it. He does not have a wood stove and only uses his 291 a few times a year to trim some of his trees on his property. He was aware of what she had paid for it, but he just wanted to sell it fast, so was not going to try and get close to retail price. That said I just had to ask him, "are you firm on the price then"?? He said he would come down to $650.

Saw is brand new never seen a piece of wood. They fueled it at the dealer and test ran it, that's it. Came with a 25" bar, tool kit, and the owners manual. For $650, I could NOT BE MORE HAPPY!! Been thinking about buying a new 441 at the dealer, now I dont have to.

I made arrangements to meet up with him and buy it. he called me back about 1 hour after we hung up and asked if I was for sure going to buy it, as he had other people calling wanting it. I told him YES, as long as everything checks out like you say when I get there I'm buying it, so tell the other people it is SOLD!!

Here is the ad,

CLdenver >all for sale / wanted >tools - by owner

Stihl MS 441C Magnum 25in Bar - $675 (Bailey)

View attachment 366550

View attachment 366551

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

New Stihl MS 441C Magnum 25in Bar. I got this saw for fathers day and never used it and don't think I will. If interested Call Dave at
show contact info

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4646296481

updated: 22 hours ago

yeah pretty good pretty good. you saved about 150 about 800 brand new

sorry about my post reply wrong area. anyway you did pretty good saved about 150 bucks usually there by $800 brand new

sorry about my post reply wrong area. anyway you did pretty good saved about 150 bucks usually there by $800 brand new

What part of CO are you in, where they have them priced at $800?

The two dealers around me have the 441 CM with 25" bar priced at $969 and neither one move off of retail.

Curious if his story had any paperwork behind it? i.e. a dealers receipt.

I asked for the dealers receipt, but he said he was not sure what she did with it.

It did have the IPC bar code/price tag from the dealer stuck on the chain box, $969 with 25" bar. I dont think the saw is hot. Seemed like a straight up guy. He runs a private investigator business.

To me it seemed to good to be true at 1st, but I think that was just my own paranoia.

What part of CO are you in, where they have them priced at $800?

The two dealers around me have the 441 CM with 25" bar priced at $969 and neither one move off of retail.[/QUOY
there is a store in Grand Junction called Western implem. every year during September they have an event called sawdust days.

RE; bruiser 1

I used to live in the GJ area for 10 years and worked all over the western slope. My two daughters were born over there.

Western Implement runs specials for saw dust days. 441 CM 25" bar $863.95

https://www.facebook.com/westernimplement

Otherwise their regular price is $969.95 on their website with 25" bar, use the drop down window for bar selection,,,

https://westernimplement.stihldealer.net/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/ms441cm/

either way I'm happy with the deal I got on my 441 CM

Latest posts

Back