Shipping to Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the wait times are very erratic. Also the cost to send to the US doesn't seem to be consistent at the different post offices around here. It seems to make a difference who is working at the time.

As far as shipping to the US, it takes about ten seconds extra. What is in the package and how much is it worth. Two questions.

I sent some parts to a member in france, and it took six weeks to get there.
I sent some more to the same member last week, and they got to france before a package got to ohio that I mailed at the same time. WTF?

The ohio package still isn't there.

I just made my first order from Baileys...we will see how that goes.

Baileys ships out of Canada as well, I always get my stuff from them in less then 2 weeks.

it takes about 3 weeks for my stuff to get here from baileys.

Yeah, I was more concerned with the cost...customs etc. I only ordered a bar, it will probably end up costing me more than If I bought it at the dealer.:hmm3grin2orange:

I do not ship to Canada for one reason, to much hassle and I do not care what anyone has to say about it. The only attraction Ebay has is how easy it is to ship. I click a couple of buttons, print a label and the postman stops by to pick it up the next day. To ship to Canada I have to drive ten miles to the post office, wait in line behind a old woman with a rotten gut, fill out a form so the Canadian customs people do not steal your items and then the USPS will not let me insure the package because it is crossing a international boarder. Using the International shipping on Paypal is useless when shipping small items because they do not offer First Class and the other options are too expensive. If someone really wants something shipped to Canada they will contact me and I can explain everything, tell them to expect it to take 2-3 weeks and I charge a fee for having to actually go the the Post Office and stand in line. I hate to have to be a jerk about shipping to Canada but time is money and I work a regular 40 hour week.

I do not ship to Canada for one reason, to much hassle and I do not care what anyone has to say about it. The only attraction Ebay has is how easy it is to ship. I click a couple of buttons, print a label and the postman stops by to pick it up the next day. To ship to Canada I have to drive ten miles to the post office, wait in line behind a old woman with a rotten gut, fill out a form so the Canadian customs people do not steal your items and then the USPS will not let me insure the package because it is crossing a international boarder. Using the International shipping on Paypal is useless when shipping small items because they do not offer First Class and the other options are too expensive. If someone really wants something shipped to Canada they will contact me and I can explain everything, tell them to expect it to take 2-3 weeks and I charge a fee for having to actually go the the Post Office and stand in line. I hate to have to be a jerk about shipping to Canada but time is money and I work a regular 40 hour week.

:ices_rofl: You need to find a different woman to stand behind, bro...

It wouldn't be a hassle if you were not so lazy. :hmm3grin2orange:

:ices_rofl: You need to find a different woman to stand behind, bro...

Does not matter, the old farting lady always leaves a thick cloud of stink for everyone to walk threw.

I will ship to Canada but I like to make it very clear what to expect as to shipping times and costs, now that applies to Ebay sales. For someone on here I would ship with no second thought about it because I know ya'll already know that shipping basically sucks. I have only had one issue shipping to Canada, with a package "not arriving". I have always figured something happened to it in Customs.

i've shipped to canada several times and never filled out any paperwork...
i guess the postmaster did at the post office for me? :confused:

i am about to ship a saw north of the boarder and was instructed on how to mark the papers by the recieving party. i'm gonna ask about the papers at the post office and fill them out as instructed... but i have never been given papers by the post office before.....

the whole shipping situation from US to CANADA and reverse seems screwed up!
You have to fill out a customs forum and sign it. I'm very surprised your shipments got there?

It is a hassle filling out forums, especial if multiple packages are being shipped. Yes, I ship a lot of stuff, and to other countries, even Canada. :D

We never find out what or where the things that go missing get to. Even with a tracking number it still cannot be found if lost. Best to just insure it well and cross your fingers.

Pioneerguy600

You have to fill out a customs forum and sign it. I'm very surprised your shipments got there?

It is a hassle filling out forums, especial if multiple packages are being shipped. Yes, I ship a lot of stuff, and to other countries, even Canada. :D

sure, they all got there.
the member i sent a saw to said that the tensioner screw was missing.
i never thought to ask if the package had been opened by customs....
not that customs stole a screw, but it may have rattled out and been lost when they opened it to inspect.
but he didn't mention it being opened. :confused:

sure, they all got there.
the member i sent a saw to said that the tensioner screw was missing.
i never thought to ask if the package had been opened by customs....
not that customs stole a screw, but it may have rattled out and been lost when they opened it to inspect.
but he didn't mention it being opened. :confused:

Do you mean the poulan you sent me? The screw wasn't missing, it was just bent up and I couldn't straighten it without bunging up the threads. I very well could have done that putting the bar on. No big deal.

I don't remember that it was opened.

Do you mean the poulan you sent me? The screw wasn't missing, it was just bent up and I couldn't straighten it without bunging up the threads. I very well could have done that putting the bar on. No big deal.

I don't remember that it was opened.

oh, sorry.
i guess i got that all mixed up. i could have sworn it was missing when you got it.....
side effects of my old age...................:D

Right, so the USPS doesn't have a theft problem? Then why do they have this:

http://www.uspsoig.gov/inv_mail_theft.htm

Futher, at the top of the paragraph you say you don't ship to Canada, then part way down you say you will if "we" contact you so you can explain it, and charge an additional fee to do it.

Make up you mind, either you do, or you don't!

I find the wait times are very erratic. Also the cost to send to the US doesn't seem to be consistent at the different post offices around here. It seems to make a difference who is working at the time.

As far as shipping to the US, it takes about ten seconds extra. What is in the package and how much is it worth. Two questions.

I sent some parts to a member in france, and it took six weeks to get there.
I sent some more to the same member last week, and they got to france before a package got to ohio that I mailed at the same time. WTF?

The ohio package still isn't there.

I just made my first order from Baileys...we will see how that goes.

I am the member in FRANCE that Chris refers to & yes parcels from both US & CANADA can take any thing from 5/6 days, to the longest i`ve had to wait 4 months Quite a lot on Ebay won`t ship to me +some that will, want simply stupid post rates. Guy in the US had Nova ignition chips at a good price, when asked if he would post to FRANCE & the post charges ,the reply, yes, post cost $ 29.95 for an item weighing about 2ozs inc. the packaging. Got one from elsewhere in the US had to pay $3 more for the item. but post was $2.10 The problem here is if it`s not Stihl or Husky & it`s not current production I have no chance of obtaining apart from any dealer or Ebay France, so have to look further afield I would never get [snotty] over the time it takes to arrive &if from Ebay would never leave Neg feed back I have asked question sometimes if the little dispatched icon is not lit when buying from Ebay but if it`s been posted then it`s in the hands of the postal service

Right, so the USPS doesn't have a theft problem? Then why do they have this:

http://www.uspsoig.gov/inv_mail_theft.htm

Futher, at the top of the paragraph you say you don't ship to Canada, then part way down you say you will if "we" contact you so you can explain it, and charge an additional fee to do it.

Make up you mind, either you do, or you don't!

I am not here to argue with anyone. I am not running a business on Ebay and not shipping to Canada has cost me nothing. Even if it has, I don't care.

There are thieves everywhere. I have never had a issue when shipping inside the US and one package "disappeared" when it got to Canadian Customs, that puts Canada in the "red" in my book.

I should have said that I prefer not to ship internationally because of the "hassle" and the previous issue I had. If someone in Canada really wants something I have for sale they will contact me about it, or they did not really want it anyway.

Al, I don't why the package sent to France is taking so long :confused:.

Back on topic...One thing to consider is the Post Office isn't convenient for some folks. I can walk, a very long walk, to the PO nearest me if I need to (not that I would want to, even though it would be good for me). Not shipping to Canada just because of the declarations forms is pretty lame IMO.

I am the member in FRANCE that Chris refers to & yes parcels from both US & CANADA can take any thing from 5/6 days, to the longest i`ve had to wait 4 months Quite a lot on Ebay won`t ship to me +some that will, want simply stupid post rates. Guy in the US had Nova ignition chips at a good price, when asked if he would post to FRANCE & the post charges ,the reply, yes, post cost $ 29.95 for an item weighing about 2ozs inc. the packaging. Got one from elsewhere in the US had to pay $3 more for the item. but post was $2.10 The problem here is if it`s not Stihl or Husky & it`s not current production I have no chance of obtaining apart from any dealer or Ebay France, so have to look further afield I would never get [snotty] over the time it takes to arrive &if from Ebay would never leave Neg feed back I have asked question sometimes if the little dispatched icon is not lit when buying from Ebay but if it`s been posted then it`s in the hands of the postal service

I live in Canada and have bought 30+ things from ebay. I made the mistake of getting it sent by ups/fedex the first couple of times. I got gouged with fees. After that I got everthing sent by USPS. No problems or fees. If its made in north america there is no duty. If it is made somewere else then there is a duty charge = to provincial tax. I just make sure that the deal is good enough that even if I am charged duty I am ok with it.
Always go for USPS.
It usually wastes a week at the border.
I am currently looking for a chainsaw in the US now. Canadian prices are out to lunch on most saws.

Back