Show us your stumps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at stumps made by other people is definitely an eye opener. A lot of WTF stumps out there...

The amount of angled back cuts I see is incredible.
Ive seen some questionable stumps on some of our job sites. The one the boys refer to as a "farmer's cut" is a back cut angled down aggressively towards the hinge. I'll snap a photo next time I see one

1000005117.jpg
Hard to see it right from this angle, just snapped this one quick at a jobsite today. The customer had taken care of some trees he was comfortable felling himself. It appears to be 2 angled cuts opposite eachother, half way through so they meet in the middle. I have no idea how this was to be directed for felling

Double cut with the 881, 42" bar, tight shot (~95ft spread in a ~100ft gap)
View attachment 1139762View attachment 1139763
I just got called back 2 years later to come help move the logs to the road so they can crane them onto a lowboy to haul to a mill multiple hours away, they already sent a crane and a semi out to move them and the semi couldn't get to them, the logs are approximately 28000 pounds and need pulled a few hundred feet to the road

I have a feeling this will involve a heavy wrecker or a d6 dozer rental for a day, worst part is we have to cross a road with them because the crane cant pick them from the street due to power lines

Not much for most of you guys and this was easiest one to drop,I had 3 trees up against barn that had twisted over top of barn,I cut other 2 couple weeks ago then we had that lovely ks breeze that blows 20-40 + mph tonight just at dark breeze stopped so I knocked down last tree,it's roughly 2 foot at stump.

Attachments

• KIMG0820.JPG
    KIMG0820.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG0818.JPG
    KIMG0818.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back