So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your camera is pretty good rb,my cyber shot aint bad thou!got to transplant this,what do you think it weighs with root ball, im guessing around 12t/guessing heavy.its 30ft and very rare around my way.wealthy client wants it for reasons i dont know

Just a follow up on Saturday's 'orrible job. I thought that I had left my cell phone on my saddle. I didn't need it Sunday. Went to get it Monday morn to charge it -Not there. OOPS! It Must be under the tree-I'll find it when I rake up. Yup. Found it. Unfortunately the customer's dog chewed it to death.:rolleyes: Some jobs..........:cry:

we're getttig there

side's pretty much done and half the top.maybe a few more bit's off the side's(but we may just be being a bit fussy)and the rest of the tops tommorow.they are the worst as we have to cut them small,straight and managable as they have to be chucked back down the middle of the tree

I was making my bottom cut on a laurel oak today and found this. Needless to say, I got to sharpen my saw.

Last edited:
I guess you did not see that red powder coming out the back of the saw? Saw must have been sharp to start with you almost made it all the way through.:)

Originally posted by wct4life
I was making my bottom cut on a laurel oak today and found this. Needless to say, I got sharpen my saw.
He he been there done that with a brand new 32" chain.

Oh my Gawd someone help me! I keep getting these split ash trees to kill, three more today and it must be aproaching 35 so far this year. Bunch of dead poplars and elm also, no average pruning jobs on the books other that mixed hardwood woodlots.

Last edited:
Originally posted by wct4life
I was making my bottom cut on a laurel oak today and found this. Needless to say, I got sharpen my saw.

Sorry but you cant be serious!
Looks like a Stihl cut alright
A Stihl TS350

:D

finnished

finnaly got done reducing the plane tree today.what do you guys think.also got loads of pictures.

first one before,

Nice topiary work!

I hate shirtless workers. It don't look pro. I take mine off when I hit the ground, but then I put on a fresh one.

nathan,
the tree was reduced because it is in a public area and has lost a large lead in the past that has now got very bad decay(we're talking near basketball size at the base of another leader) and numerous other large deep holes all over the remaining leaders.they are worried that the tree may suffer another limb faliure and kill someone(also the £1million house near it).hopefully the reduction will reduce the chances of this for a good few years yet

coops,
nah he trusts me and i trust him.i've never found a comfy helmet fir wearing in a tree.i where one on the ground but i hate them in a tree.whenever i've worn one in a tree it's allways ended up getting knocked off,falling to the floor and breaking.

If it's falling off i presume you have just been using Stihl/Husky/Oregon helmet with a single attatchment chin strap, have you tried the Petzl Ecrin Roc, Kong or similar "Rock Climbing" style helmet with the Y shape chin strap, they won't fall off.

Presume when you use the saw you use plugs and glasses?

Latest posts

Back