So, what's your day job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
On this forum, everyone is talking saws, mix oil and so forth. But what do ya'll do when you're not messing with saws? I realize that some of you do saw stuff all day every day but to many of us saws are a hobby or moonlighting and we have our "other life". So what do you do for your paycheck?

I'm a County Ranger for the NC Forest Service. That consists of mostly helping private landowners with forest management recommendations and wildland firefighting. I do use chainsaws every so often on fires as well as doing timber stand improvement work but more so as a weekend warrior and firewood cutter. Almost got my federal certification as a class c faller for wildfires.

Chamin application engineer or Mechanic, diesel -Car hauler, Mostly Hydraulic and electrical work, a fair amount of road work also. Man steering wheel holders can screw some **** up in a hurry! I don't have any pictures of anything real good, but at 65-70 MPH you can make convertitables out of 3 Surburbans. or if the ABS light is on, just cover it with black tape it don't mean anything, wonder why my trailer tires are smoking, Poof a 3 lb fire extinguisher don't go far in a tire fire. Man I work with all the smart ones!!

i was doing building maintenance for a number of years but have since decided to change my way of being. from age 10 i've been fixing things for people and made real good money at it so i have just jumped back into that. making way more money then i was at a day job and i'm my own boss. only thing is i'm more cheap because i know work booms hard or slows down to nothing being self employed. it sucks but if ya know how to work around it it's awesome. i hate working for a boss who is some kind of brain dead idiot who can't even change a damn light bulb so it suits me well. gonna be going back to my falling tree's thing for a living in april or may i figure. just finished a contract engineering a few cut blocks as an apprentice with a veteran engineer and man was that a blast. man those engineers got it easy. still like falling more though. :)

Back