So, what's your day job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked my way thru school on my uncles Tobacco farm.I've been a garbage man, plumber, electrician, painter,carpenter etc.
Now I'm self employed taking care of rich peoples homes on the lake full time.what tears up I fix.what I cant fix I have someone on speed dial to fix it.lol I do the landscaping on three houses in the same neighborhood.2 of my own and 1 for my buddy steve that works across the lake.
Then I have several yards that I mow on the side.don't know how its goin to turn out this spring when it gets back to full throttle.all the boys that used to help me has gotten full time jobs.the way my back is feeling right now dont know if ill make it a month without help.Its getting hard to find anybody to work and is dependable even for $10 an hour.cant even keep the meth heads on the job.they just run the roads hunting the $h!t and want pay up front.:chainsaw:

In the warm months im into basic landscaping i maintain 47 yards per week mostly mowing,trimming and light tree work. Im also a farm hand and 1/3 owner of one in my off time i help manage a 97 acre tobacco farm and handle 130 head of red charolais cattle. Im not real busy at the moment since it is winter but im getting by.
I guess it helps when you are your own boss :)
10001362_828040343877350_806301316_n.jpg
914150_601932943152891_998787368_o.jpg

I manage commercial and industrial solid waste collections for a municipality.

We provide recycling and trash dumpsters for businesses in the area. We also provide industrial collections for job sites via 20, 30, and 40 yd roll off containers.

Back