So, what's your day job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a shipfitter at Newport news ship building . I work building new aircraft carriers for uncle sam
Have seen shows where they build ships like that. Looks like it would be a incredible process to see. What is the typical tolerances that you work to when fitting up those giant plates that make up the hulls?

This is a project that I worked on... LOL

Wily Monkeys Break Out of San Diego Zoo Habitat

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...iego-Zoo-Habitat-289628771.html#ixzz3Ph7XZw7o

Wolf+guenon_2.jpg

That don't look like much problem that a .22 couldn't take care of......

Found a post i know something about! Great read about evryone.
I have worked at a timber frame company ( few months) that i enjoyed but they went out of business. Worked as an electrician ( coulpe of years ) . Also closed the doors. Went to work at a warehouse where i became lead man on the vulcanizing crew. Luckily i got a call from the IUOE and moved on to running equiptment, mostly skytracks, drills and cranes. Work got really slow and i lucked into a job with the phone company. Loved this job but was laid off. I now work for a chemical plant where i do E&I work. The rest of my time is spent being a dad. Boy is that an adventure!

I have been happily retired for 3 years but I had a fantastic job for a machinist type person. For 26+ years I worked for the Army Research Laboratory making weapons and test fixtures. My title for the last 8 years was Chief, Experimental Fabrication, Weapons and Materials Directorate. This was at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I have been happily retired for 3 years but I had a fantastic job for a machinist type person. For 26+ years I worked for the Army Research Laboratory making weapons and test fixtures. My title for the last 8 years was Chief, Experimental Fabrication, Weapons and Materials Directorate. This was at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

Once ran a marathon at the Proving Grounds. Four loops around the airstrip, qualified for Boston.

haa as i rember that road going in up to that point was an old dirt road musta been a tricky ride on a harley...
I came in from the power company property on the paved road. The security guard remembered me and let us ride up there and take some pictures on a Sunday.

Not always a popular job with some folks but I've been a deputy for 19 years now.

The last 15 have been in the K9 Unit. I get to take the dog and search for criminals and drugs all night long. Best job in the world to me and will hopefully keep doing it for quite a few more years.

This is the guy that does most of the work.View attachment 396273

NYSP retired, 22 years. Now I farm, raise sheep, fix saws. Homeschooling 2 kids too. I was better off on the road!

Was military and did concrete work then custom paver patios, retaining walls etc. Now electrician for a railroad. Also quickly became a firewood hoarding chainsaw addict who pisses his wife off with a mess of wood and saw talk muahahaha

NYSP retired, 22 years. Now I farm, raise sheep, fix saws. Homeschooling 2 kids too. I was better off on the road!
haa you earned it bro, enjoy the time with those two kids. they will be better for it, i think you probably realize that though. thanks for you service.

Went from bouncer at the dives to chef/trainer on the Nashville upscale restaurant scene. Me and brother timber some nice Hickory and Pecan tracts to keep southern barbie what it is.

Back