Southern Tier NY GTG July 15th (any interest?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepyfz450

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A friend of mine and fellow member (SpencerPaving) and I want to have a GTG in southern NY. We have a great place to GTG and plan on having hardwood tops, softwood or Aspen poles for cookiecutting/ racing, and hopefully a few 30'' + pieces to run the big saws in.

The location is in Spencer NY 14883. the date is July 15th and we were thinking 10AM but we will be up there all day. We are going to have a GTG either way but if a lot of people plan on attending we will get more wood out. Please let me know if you think you might make it and if you have any questions or ideas.

hope to get a few people to attend and maybe do it every year.

thanks Josh

Sounds like a good time! I can't make this one, just too much going on this year at this time :(

You guys know that I would be there, but unfortunately I am booked that weekend. Have a great time.

there will be a good variety of saws there from the small climbing and limbing saws to the 090s and even Bretts newly alky fed 088 (if he doesnt blow it up before then). We have mostly Stihls but we do have a few antiques too and a few evil echos.

My ms660 we just ported aswell........

Last edited:
Sounds like a good time. I'll try my best to make it.

We were up on the hill running saws again tonight. we might start pulling wood this weekend. we are still searching for some big wood love to find something in the 4-5 foot range.

Sounds good i really hope to meet some local or close members. I have a few saws i have to try to get up and going before the 15th.

the adderess is 185 sabin rd. spencer ny. 14883 at spencerpavings shop and then follow the signs to the top of hill. we have a bunch of people comming lets make it a good one the more the merrier!

We are planning on pulling out a bunch of hardwood tops so we can do some limbing and bucking aswell. we went on a "big log" hunt tuesday night but still havent found one.

Latest posts

Back