stihl 021

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echo271

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found and old beat up 021 laying outside my buddys shop and was wondering if it was worth picking up and spending the money to fix it or let it go to the junkyard I'm not sure of the year on it or if it even has any potential thanks in advance

Does anybody have one with good cosmetic parts they want to get rid of this saw I got had a carb issue I can get a new carb for thirty dollars online but the saw looks horrible due to sun fade

One of the best saws I ever got was a $10.00 021. One carb kit and a piece of pull rope and it has never failed to do what I ask of it. For some reason it's the saw I always grab when there is trimming or brushing to do.

One of the best saws I ever got was a $10.00 021. One carb kit and a piece of pull rope and it has never failed to do what I ask of it. For some reason it's the saw I always grab when there is trimming or brushing to do.

Thanks for the reply it was free and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to waste my time and money on a pile of junk because I haven't heard much about the 021 but then again I didn't do much digging either

The saw is free to whoever just pay for shipping I don't have time to mess with ityet didn't want to see it go to the junkyard

+1 for me here. I have bought several in this series (021,023, 025). I picked up an 021 last week at the local flea market -- a runner, though like you mentioned mine is also a little "cosmetically challenged." After going over the saw and fixing a few things I have to say it would be a great saw to use around the yard/house. Perhaps even a good limber for small cleaning up. Personally I'd keep the saw you mentioned if it is not a "cherry" but a good runner. If it needs a carb, it is my opinion it is worth it if you need a handy saw in this series. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back