Stihl MS441 warranty registration....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBush

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I purchased a Stihl 441 a couple of weeks ago and have a question about the warranty registration. When I purchased the saw, my dealer never gave me any type of warranty registration card. He did, however, ask for my name and address as he was typing something into his computer. I was wondering if the warranty registration for Stihl products is now done online and this was what he was doing when he took down my name and address or should I have received a warranty registration card with my saw purchase. I was just trying to make sure that my dealer was registing my saw as opposed to simply getting my name and address loaded into his computer so that it would print out on my receipt. I just want to make sure that my saw was registered correctly in case I have any problems down the road. Thanks for any comments back.

My dealer took care of all warranty registrations on all my Stihl equipment purchased from him

I purchased a Stihl 441 a couple of weeks ago and have a question about the warranty registration. When I purchased the saw, my dealer never gave me any type of warranty registration card. He did, however, ask for my name and address as he was typing something into his computer. I was wondering if the warranty registration for Stihl products is now done online and this was what he was doing when he took down my name and address or should I have received a warranty registration card with my saw purchase. I was just trying to make sure that my dealer was registing my saw as opposed to simply getting my name and address loaded into his computer so that it would print out on my receipt. I just want to make sure that my saw was registered correctly in case I have any problems down the road. Thanks for any comments back.

Correct, the Stihl dealer normally enters your warranty registration for you. However, if you have any doubts, he is the one to ask. If by some strange circumstance he did NOT register your warranty, we would have no way to know.

Jack

You will get a warranty thing in the mail don't worry. You are now also on Stihl's junk mail list for life! My Wife hates it when the new flyer comes. I take it into the can and read it over and over. I almost have all the specs on the whole trimmer and blower line memorized :)

You will get a warranty thing in the mail don't worry. You are now also on Stihl's junk mail list for life! My Wife hates it when the new flyer comes. I take it into the can and read it over and over. I almost have all the specs on the whole trimmer and blower line memorized :)

Funny, I've bought two new Stihls and haven't gotten a single thing in the mail from Stihl, including a warranty thing.

Jack

I'm in Canada, maybe that's the difference? I also know they fill out a card by hand not online. The dealer can decide if you get one or two years warranty depending on what box he checks off. You are supposed to get two years if you buy a six pack of dino oil with the saw..... unless you know the magic words

I'm in Canada, maybe that's the difference? I also know they fill out a card by hand not online. The dealer can decide if you get one or two years warranty depending on what box he checks off. You are supposed to get two years if you buy a six pack of dino oil with the saw..... unless you know the magic words

we can do either, register it online or have the customer fill out the card.

we can do either, register it online or have the customer fill out the card.

What's the deal with one or two years warranty? My guy gives me two years because I buy lots of Ultra from him so he knows I'm feeding the saw the good stuff. I ended up having to buy a six pack of regular stihl dino oil when I had my Wife pick me up a new saw at a John Deere dealer once. I wrote a note asking for a pack of Ultra instead of regular dino oil but he would only do the two year warranty if we bought the cheaper oil :)

What's the deal with one or two years warranty? My guy gives me two years because I buy lots of Ultra from him so he knows I'm feeding the saw the good stuff. I ended up having to buy a six pack of regular stihl dino oil when I had my Wife pick me up a new saw at a John Deere dealer once. I wrote a note asking for a pack of Ultra instead of regular dino oil but he would only do the two year warranty if we bought the cheaper oil :)

Its kind of dealers choice I guess,we too have the two year warrenty linked to the 500ml bottles of dino oil, although if someone wanted ultra I could probably swing it.

Back