Stihl MS461 R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thomas1

thomas1

sodium pentothal
floating down the river of tears that gushes forth
Cut with a well broke in 460 and the 461 today. Honestly the 460 felt faster while sounding like it held higher rpm's. After reviewing the vids, I was surprised to see the 461 turn in faster cut times in every different chunk of wood I threw at it. The gap at its greatest was 4 seconds and the best comparison video I got the gap was 1 second. That makes these saws very close but one must keep in mind, the 461 has 2.5 tanks consumed and this 460 is run in proper. Take that for what its worth.

So, you're saying that even though the 461 "sounded" down on rpm's in reality it was faster, correct?

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
So, you're saying that even though the 461 "sounded" down on rpm's in reality it was faster, correct?

Felt slower, sounded slower, cut faster ever time. Goes to show.....perception.;)

Hey, I'm wearing pants in this video

Last edited:
CATDIESEL

CATDIESEL

ArboristSite Operative
this just proves you don't need a 15000rpm screaming monster to be fast in the cut, and just because its makes a bunch of noise, don't mean its fast. :smile2:

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Boring video without commentary. Showing the process a bit.

[video=youtube_share;D_ru0NY9wTc]http://youtu.be/D_ru0NY9wTc[/video]

HEAVY FUEL

HEAVY FUEL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Grantsburg, WI, Gateway to the swamps of Minnesota
The hardest part is keeping that attention to detail while we're doing all that jawing.

Anxious to see how this one turns out.

Lathe??? We don't need no stinking lathe!!!

syba4esy.jpg

Stihlman441

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
The hardest part is keeping that attention to detail while we're doing all that jawing.

Anxious to see how this one turns out.

Thanks for your attention to detail,nothing wrong with a yak while you work.
Being a turner/machinist for 25 years i know the methods,a industrial diamond tipped insert is magic on alloy.:smile2:

Latest posts