Stihl P&Cs are going trash ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point me at them, I'll let you know what I think. If there are Husky and Dolmar dealers in there saying "if it runs, it must be OK", I'll disagree with them too.

Don't start developing a persecution complex on me Tommy...all I did in this thread was announce your arrival, creamsicle cape and all. My previous "bashing" was centered on the following:

I didn't post that to restart anything, and I hope it doesn't. I'll poke at Stihl lovers in fun, but I don't have a dog in the fight.

As far as I can see, so far you're in the right on this one...

I'll keep an eye on you though.

Ed those dancing shoes are serving you well. I need to point the other threads out to you now, are you saying now you only read the Stihl threads?? Come on Ed, that can't be true.

Relax though, I have no complex toward you at all Ed but if I ever want to find you I'll just look for a Stihl bash and I'm sure you will be there. I take no offense to it at all. If your taking offence to my assuming your a pot stirrer well if the shoe fits wear it. I'm guilty of it at times too so its cool,:cheers::cheers:

Good job 44. I've never heard of Lewis Tree Service but looking at their website they are indeed a big time outfit though apparently on the east coast, they have a office in Va. Thanks man.

lewis is from rochester ny i no the owner they get the saws up state tom trees

lewis is from rochester ny i no the owner they get the saws up state tom trees

Yeah I seen that. They have a office here in Va as well. It appears they are a big big outfit. I'd like to get some of their business, they must have a ton of equipment to keep that outfit going..

Ed those dancing shoes are serving you well. I need to point the other threads out to you now, are you saying now you only read the Stihl threads?? Come on Ed, that can't be true.

Relax though, I have no complex toward you at all Ed but if I ever want to find you I'll just look for a Stihl bash and I'm sure you will be there. I take no offense to it at all. If your taking offence to my assuming your a pot stirrer well if the shoe fits wear it. I'm guilty of it at times too so its cool,:cheers::cheers:

I read the threads I see that look interesting, and pay more attention to the ones I'm in than the new ones that pop up.

Husky wet the bed with their box-store Poulans. If they start putting crap in their 'signature' saws, I won't get stuck in denial, and dodge the obvious by trying to discount the source as a basher.

Now...I won't miss an opportunity to bash the Champ, but I don't go looking for Stihl bashes unless I can take a friendly shot at Fatguy (at which point I throw in a Chevy bash as well).

While we're on the subject of brand wars, I visited my Stihl dealer last week. Turns out they are also the Husky dealer! Never bought a dealer saw, so I don't know if that is a common thing or not...seems odd to me.

Lewis is big here in the Hudson valley. I would see 6 trucks at a time at the gas station when they were clearing power lines last summer. The father of my wife's friend works for them as a climber for hazadous trees. I never talked to him about 260 pros, but I doubt he would let them toss them out.

Think I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can buy their week old 260 carcasses, heck I'll take em even if they are a few months old. Tommy will you do warranty work on these week old trash saws?

Yeah I seen that. They have a office here in Va as well. It appears they are a big big outfit. I'd like to get some of their business, they must have a ton of equipment to keep that outfit going..

i dont think you can under bid them richey is tuff tom trees:cheers:

I read the threads I see that look interesting, and pay more attention to the ones I'm in than the new ones that pop up.

Husky wet the bed with their box-store Poulans. If they start putting crap in their 'signature' saws, I won't get stuck in denial, and dodge the obvious by trying to discount the source as a basher.

Now...I won't miss an opportunity to bash the Champ, but I don't go looking for Stihl bashes unless I can take a friendly shot at Fatguy (at which point I throw in a Chevy bash as well).

While we're on the subject of brand wars, I visited my Stihl dealer last week. Turns out they are also the Husky dealer! Never bought a dealer saw, so I don't know if that is a common thing or not...seems odd to me.

Bash, your not gonna miss a chance to bash me, ok, sounds like fun, in fact sounds like a challenge, be game, its on, BTW, I drive a Chevy, love that car.

There are many dealers selling both top brands, I wish I could too.

Also since you said it let me see it. You said you would disagree with this, let me see you do it. Here's a part of a post you must have overlooked or missed.

"Unless there is a problem that precludes them from being functional we sell them."

Thats about a cylinder Ed. Not a Stihl cylinder but I wanna see you denounce it with the same fury you had for the ole Chicom job. Come on Ed, let me see ya holler,LOL

There are many dealers selling both top brands, I wish I could too.

Who woulda thunk it. Convenient for me though. Maybe I'll finally get that Stihl hat.

THALL said:
"Unless there is a problem that precludes them from being functional we sell them."

Thats about a cylinder Ed. Not a Stihl cylinder but I wanna see you denounce it with the same fury you had for the ole Chicom job. Come on Ed, let me see ya holler,LOL

Give me the link to the pics of the defect to which the anonymous dealer is referring . If it looks like the other pics, and it ain't a Wild Thing cylinder, I'll say "If that passes for OK for {insert brand here}, then I'll save my money."

Without pics, I'd need a clearer definition of "functional". For some, it means "will run OK until the warranty expires", while others might have a more rigorous definition.

P. S. I'd make fun of your Chevy, but I'm still suffering the shame of having had to drop my oil pan to get the oil pump shaft I dropped down there while putting my 302 back together.

Last edited:
Obama Change???

The customer in this case being the purchasing agent at company headquarters?

If the company drives orange trucks, I can imagine them throwing the saws away. A lot of big contractors buy power tools for a job, and trash them at the jobsite before they leave (not that I'm suggesting any tree company does that with chain saws). I know of a company that installs materials handling systems for production lines, throws out two week old Sawsalls etc when the job is done. They've even taken to destroying tools before throwing them away so nobody can scrounge them, don't ask me why they care.

Works real well on certain government funded projects, or Insurance
company's funding two sides of the investment portfolio, big ol tax credit
for investing in so called small manufactoring business's.
As a personal note, I had a neighbor who ran saws for a living, thrashed
everything he ever owned, thought he was Elvis, and his kids danged
nearly starved untill he opened up a repair shop for chain saws.You would
be better off buying his new models, but his kids did gain weight.

Works real well on certain government funded projects, or Insurance
company's funding two sides of the investment portfolio, big ol tax credit
for investing in so called small manufactoring business's.
As a personal note, I had a neighbor who ran saws for a living, thrashed
everything he ever owned, thought he was Elvis, and his kids danged
nearly starved untill he opened up a repair shop for chain saws.You would
be better off buying his new models, but his kids did gain weight.
Yup -
If the contract is like "cost plus fixed fee" where the contractor makes whatever he spends plus say 10% they make more money by spending more.

Latest posts

Back