Stihl pro Saw shortages

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phecda

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
How long has this been going on? I’ve been to 10 diff dealers (7 of them “elite” dealers” over the last few weeks and nobody has anything in stock except disposable homeowner saws - wood and farm bosses etc. I did find one dealer with a large stash of 261cms he has been hoarding (5+) and a diff dealer with a lone 362 and 400.
Nothing bigger nothing else. Been thinking about picking up a 661. Not convinced but with how hard they seem to be to get I’m almost tempted to grab it from scarcity/rarity.

Did find these also, but idk anything about Efco or Dolmar

6FF70EBD-2421-4EF2-9841-E6D835A529FF.jpeg

At my shop we have 661’s, 462’s, 362’s and 261’s all non-mtronic. I think we just got one mtronic 661 in last week which is odd because of the mtronic wiring harness shortage.

If you close to Northern California and really want a 661 come on by.

At my shop we have 661’s, 462’s, 362’s and 261’s all non-mtronic. I think we just got one mtronic 661 in last week which is odd because of the mtronic wiring harness shortage.

If you close to Northern California and really want a 661 come on by.
I don’t think I want anything bad enough to go to california for it. Not even Sandra bullock

Local dealer here now has two 500i on the shelf. One has a full wrap handle. I’ve never seen a 500i at this dealership before. Never saw a 500i before. I actually got to handle them. They’ve got a nice balance to them and I would expect them to be very potent saws. I just don’t need a brute like that and oh my the prices of them.

I bought my 261 about 6 months ago. I wasn't even looking for a saw that day. My local dealer is a Kubota dealer as well, and I stopped in there for something for my tractor. When I saw they had a 261, I grabbed it. I didn't think to see what else he had in stock, as I already have the 462, and don't really need any other saws, other than the 261 that I now have. But based on the things that I've been buying lately, a gooseneck trailer, a side by side, and a few other things. I've had to wait for quite a while for all of them after ordering them. So, I'm not surprised that there may not be a lot of stock of "quality" equipment on shelves.

Two 462 and a 661..same issue.....I have three so they can cool off? and run...LOL New fuel, canned fuel, puter reset...dunno. No issues in the winter. Sign from God?
I’ve tried it all to the point I just don’t shut it off till I’m done. Changed gas oil ratio never makes a difference.

I kind of want a new non-mtronic 661. I have a 25” bar for it to wear, and a 36. I guess I could always buy one from piltz if I can’t wait

As many of you know a few weeks ago I had an issue with my 562xp carb going bad and flooding the saw out, after being told "we can order the parts, but don't know when they will show up." I said screw it I'm getting a new saw. That was the closest dealer to my house, literally 2 minutes away. No pro grade saws. None. No husqy, no stihl no nothing. Ok, I asked when they expected stock. (I prefer husqy but I'm no saw snob.) No idea for stock on husqy, their best guess for stihl was September to October.... right... called the next closest dealer. No dice either, called the next nothing, called the one that's on the other end of the county... no husqys, but the salesman knew he had a ms462 and thought he had an ms400.... Basically told him to get off his arse and go look if he had one on the shelf. He came back and said yep I got one. Asked if he could hold it till the next morning. Said nope. (I used to live really close to this dealer, all my new saws, and power equipment have been bought here as well as a lot of other stuff. My family also frequents this dealer) because they don't know when stock will show up its first come first serve..... bought the ms400 over the phone. Went and picked it up the next morning. The salesman realized who I was and I gave him the what for, afterwards I asked when he expected more saws? He said the same thing the other places did, September or October at best. Wtf?.

After calling around 40 dealers within 100 miles, i found exactly one with a 661, it's an mtronic, at 1550.
Torn on that one - haven't heard of much love for mtronic on large saws

Latest posts

Back