Stihl should be ashamed of themselves.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No actually I would give up all the saws to get her back and the dogs. I was at fault 100% not her. She was as good as gold and I could not see it. Hard to crawl in a warm bed with a saw.
Wth?! This is about stihl building AND selling to customers "kind of" **** products...
Not personal life problems! I know it might have affected you badly,but on this world once a thing has happened you are obliged to get over it and live your life as best as you can. No f... around! World is full of women willing to have a life-in-two not alone. It's all about compromise and beeing a serious partner! Dogs are everywhere, cats also!
Rebuild your life as best as you can and enjoy it. It's short and nobody knows when theirs will end! 🙄🤔
I too had a B-S relation in about 2006. Got over it and 16 years later I'm ok ,not the end of the world!
Now tell me more about your chainsaw(s) 😁😎
Mine is Makita EA6100P but am itching BADLY either for a brand new Husqvarna 395 xp or 3120 XP. Second hand chainsaws are not atractive to me...
Problem is, even with a 61cc ,4.6hp chainsaw I almost cut my left leg(chain litterally stoped in my jeans cms or mms from my left calf... Can't believe it myself it did happen and I got away with not a scratch ..
I must wait some more and practice on bigger logs until I get either a new 395xp or 3120 xp...
And mind my limbs when I cut 😂
This old dude has won my admiration...
The control on him while throttling a ported 3120xp is amazing!

a86be19bb950bb216d7d4aad827afb91.jpg

Well which one you want to know about. There have been thousands go through here and many still remain There is at least 600 in a couple sheds. I ask again which one do you want to know about?
600 chainsaws?! Well,I won't ask how,why,when...
But what is the most powerfull one. And reliable 😁😎
No need for video with it running. Just photo and its history,hours of running time, how much wood it cut so far,stuff like this!

600 chainsaws?! Well,I won't ask how,why,when...
But what is the most powerfull one. And reliable 😁😎
No need for video with it running. Just photo and its history,hours of running time, how much wood it cut so far,stuff like this!

To start with....
The how... just buy trade and deal with fine folks
The why.....I like saws
The when.....a lifetime of loving saws

There is no way whatsoever to answer your other questions regarding what is the most powerful and reliable

You ask most powerful? Well in what context? small wood , big wood, 12" bar or 72" bar, direct drive or gear drive, cutting in pine ( I have ZER0 experience), cutting in midwest hardwoods, etc

You ask about photos.. well what saw?

You ask about history... well history of what saws? Many men and women have put together websites that do a GREAT job of telling the history of saws.

You ask about hours, well with all do respect I never saw an hour meter on a saw.

You ask about how much wood it cut. well a lot! (if it was a good saw)

Thats being honest Bill.
Me I am lucky, don't know what I would do without my beloved wife.
Hello PEK,

I truly know nothing about Bulgaria. (yes that is my ignorance) What is the weather like there now that it is the first few days of December? I know you fine folks deal in Celsius and here in the USA we use Fahrenheit. We are not froze up solid here at all. There is very little (really none) ice in the river. The walleye fisherman are just waiting to get rolling once the ice comes

In CA the 500i's are around $1700 last I heard, I think that was a pretty good price.
I believe what you are saying 100% but I just wonder what the heck is so special about the 500. That is not a anti-Stihl comment. I run them almost daily but I doubt I will ever have a 500i

Hello PEK,

I truly know nothing about Bulgaria. (yes that is my ignorance) What is the weather like there now that it is the first few days of December? I know you fine folks deal in Celsius and here in the USA we use Fahrenheit. We are not froze up solid here at all. There is very little (really none) ice in the river. The walleye fisherman are just waiting to get rolling once the ice comes
Hi Bill, the weather here today is misty 3c very gloomy for Bulgaria, some years we get snow early nov but usually its begining of january before major snowfall, it can be very deep but in our village the lanes and roads are cleared very quickly with some very old machinary the coldest we have been one newyears eve was minus 22c. The summers here are hot this year into the 40+c, we go for months with no rain and even this time of year temps can get into the late teens. Nice of you to ask about us we moved here for various reasons but when I suggested Bulgaria the wife said where the xxxx is Bulgaria, I said xxxxxx if I know, so we looked on a map.

when I suggested Bulgaria the wife said where the xxxx is Bulgaria, I said xxxxxx if I know, so we looked on a map.
I love that. I truly do! I am pretty well set in my location here but I will not lie I do have a bit of wandering lust. My paternal (namesake) family has been here since the founding fathers. We have been on the same tract of land since before the Civil War. With that being said they originally came from Germany. On my maternal side my grandmother's family came here so she would be born in America She was born in 1901 here but still longed to go back to Germany and see her family. She is long gone now as well as all others in my older family so I do have a bit of desire to go on an adventure but hell I know I will never leave. I have only traveled outside by local area for business. My ex-wife had a chemistry conference out in Colorado in 2016 so I did get to see the east side of the Rocky mountains. That is as far west as I will ever get.

I love that. I truly do! I am pretty well set in my location here but I will not lie I do have a bit of wandering lust. My paternal (namesake) family has been here since the founding fathers. We have been on the same tract of land since before the Civil War. With that being said they originally came from Germany. On my maternal side my grandmother's family came here so she would be born in America She was born in 1901 here but still longed to go back to Germany and see her family. She is long gone now as well as all others in my older family so I do have a bit of desire to go on an adventure but hell I know I will never leave. I have only traveled outside by local area for business. My ex-wife had a chemistry conference out in Colorado in 2016 so I did get to see the east side of the Rocky mountains. That is as far west as I will ever get.
I never thought I would ever leave uk but my parents gone and the wifes and thejob my wife had for over 30 odd years came to an end when the woman she worked for died the house we lived in was part of her wages. We thought of spain or portugal to go to but things were changing so we visited bulgaria and bought our property for the cost of a second hand car, we love it it is like travelling back in time, horse and carts going past , shepard with his sheep on the hill the herdsman with his cows, geese turky goats ducks everywhere.
We have heard so many times from people we know, if only, we had a dream but never saw it thru.
We saw it thru and could not be happier.

EXACTLY, it worked for me!
she was naive about saws when we first got married, a tree I was hired to take down, had a slight lean towards the house, but I knew if I climbed up 20 ft and cut off the giant limb it would relieve enough weight, I could fell it away from house. well, the 20inch limb grabbed my saw and down they fell. all it did was crack the top shroud behind brake handle (probably snow help cushion the fall) any how I climbed out of the tree picked up the saw and fell the tree. got home and wife asks how it went, I told her the plastic got broke, she heard my saw got broke, so if I need to replace it why not. I was not going to let this golden opportunity go to waste:laugh:. So needless to say, that was the start of it. So now she sees a new Stihl advertised she asks me if I need that saw too? :laugh:

she was naive about saws when we first got married, a tree I was hired to take down, had a slight lean towards the house, but I knew if I climbed up 20 ft and cut off the giant limb it would relieve enough weight, I could fell it away from house. well, the 20inch limb grabbed my saw and down they fell. all it did was crack the top shroud behind brake handle (probably snow help cushion the fall) any how I climbed out of the tree picked up the saw and fell the tree. got home and wife asks how it went, I told her the plastic got broke, she heard my saw got broke, so if I need to replace it why not. I was not going to let this golden opportunity go to waste:laugh:. So needless to say, that was the start of it. So now she sees a new Stihl advertised she asks me if I need that saw too? :laugh:
Nice one, thats the way to do it!

Latest posts

Back