Stock MS361 at 14280rpms....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought the 4 stroking is where it gets a little lube rest. Totally smooth high end could burn up a 2 stroke.

a slight 4-stroking is GOOD... but.. the 361 is particularly hard to hear unless you mod the muffler.

So are some other newer high-speed saws - I bit the bullet an got a tach, my ears are pretty bad anyway.......:)

.. but I think I hear something, now and then....lol

Last edited:
Hey Rat,

Yeah kinda helps.

So 4- stroking is bad then, right ???

On my 361, is it good enough by ear ??

Or should I invest in a tach. ???

Thanks.

Here's your beer !!!

:cheers:

four stroking is not bad,,,,, I have a woodsported 361 and I run a Modified muffler on it of course and I run mine right on the verge of fourstroking and as peviously posted in smaller wood it four strokes or wot out of the wood it barely four strokes,, then when i get into some good wood 18-20" stuff it smooths right out..... Its a good way to be ensured that your saw is slightly rich and not worry about leaning it out with out checking with a tach,,,,

That is how 4 stroking is a good thing!!!!

Broken when carrying a log down a slope, and slipping in wet grass ++++, ligaments is the main problem now I think + all the scrap metal and screws they put in there to keep the bones together......:cry:

Actually it is much worse, they finally got the remains of the Tirpitz out of my foot - but the ancle joint either has to be "fixed", or to be changed out ("spare parts" - does anyone have an IPL?) - it is totally devastated.....:censored:

Last edited:
ms360

My ms 360 is runing at 15,100 rpms. It's been screaming like that for over 2 years with a lot of use. No problems yet!

My dad had orthopedic surgery awhile back and has a titanium toe, and I've met a few random people with titanium ankles etc. from logging/ industrial/ sports accidents and injuries. I guess 'electric socks' are a big thing in the winter.

Hey everybody,,,

Just curious,,,,, Why are we posting in a thread thats going on a year and a half old?????????? :monkey::monkey::monkey:

hey troll, i'm with you on the ankle injury. i dislocated my on 6-24-04. funny how i remeber that date. they installed 2 screws, about 3in running up the big bone (tibia) and an 8in plate with 10 screws holding what was left of my fibula together. i also ripped 2 ligaments from their anchor points. the OS said it was actually better that they pulled out in a plug rather than tearing. he stuck them back in with some expensive adhesive. my ankle was pointed 90 degrees to the right for 2 hours. i got the plate and screws out of my fibula dec 07 when i had my shoulder fixed. that was a tremendous relief. i could not wear boots bc of the irritation. i don't have much joint space left and probably will end up with a screwed together ankle down the road. from what i have read that artificial ankles do not work as well as artificial knees. it takes me a couple of minutes to get it loosened up in the morning. other than that, i am able to play sports with a serious (not the elastic type) brace. i hope you continue to do well. it will continue to improve with time.

Actually it is much worse, they finally got the remains of the Tirpitz out of my foot - but the ancle joint either has to be "fixed", or to be changed out ("spare parts" - does anyone have an IPL?) - it is totally devastated.....:censored:

Sorry, no IPL, and where I am from, Lots of Norwegions, and lots of swedes, and from my understanding, not the same IPL?

Can you use a use a big sheet of card-board, first transmission I ever rebuilt I drew pictures as I went.

The limp was stihl there, but the noise went away! :cheers:

Back