Stock MS361 at 14280rpms....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Hey Rat,

Yeah kinda helps.

So 4- stroking is bad then, right ???

On my 361, is it good enough by ear ??

Or should I invest in a tach. ???

Thanks.

Here's your beer !!!

:cheers:

four stroking is not bad,,,,, I have a woodsported 361 and I run a Modified muffler on it of course and I run mine right on the verge of fourstroking and as peviously posted in smaller wood it four strokes or wot out of the wood it barely four strokes,, then when i get into some good wood 18-20" stuff it smooths right out..... Its a good way to be ensured that your saw is slightly rich and not worry about leaning it out with out checking with a tach,,,,

That is how 4 stroking is a good thing!!!!

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Broken when carrying a log down a slope, and slipping in wet grass ++++, ligaments is the main problem now I think + all the scrap metal and screws they put in there to keep the bones together......:cry:

Actually it is much worse, they finally got the remains of the Tirpitz out of my foot - but the ancle joint either has to be "fixed", or to be changed out ("spare parts" - does anyone have an IPL?) - it is totally devastated.....:censored:

Last edited:
nmurph

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
hey troll, i'm with you on the ankle injury. i dislocated my on 6-24-04. funny how i remeber that date. they installed 2 screws, about 3in running up the big bone (tibia) and an 8in plate with 10 screws holding what was left of my fibula together. i also ripped 2 ligaments from their anchor points. the OS said it was actually better that they pulled out in a plug rather than tearing. he stuck them back in with some expensive adhesive. my ankle was pointed 90 degrees to the right for 2 hours. i got the plate and screws out of my fibula dec 07 when i had my shoulder fixed. that was a tremendous relief. i could not wear boots bc of the irritation. i don't have much joint space left and probably will end up with a screwed together ankle down the road. from what i have read that artificial ankles do not work as well as artificial knees. it takes me a couple of minutes to get it loosened up in the morning. other than that, i am able to play sports with a serious (not the elastic type) brace. i hope you continue to do well. it will continue to improve with time.

ShoerFast

ShoerFast

Tree Freak
Morrison Colorado, at the base of the Rockies
Actually it is much worse, they finally got the remains of the Tirpitz out of my foot - but the ancle joint either has to be "fixed", or to be changed out ("spare parts" - does anyone have an IPL?) - it is totally devastated.....:censored:

Sorry, no IPL, and where I am from, Lots of Norwegions, and lots of swedes, and from my understanding, not the same IPL?

Can you use a use a big sheet of card-board, first transmission I ever rebuilt I drew pictures as I went.

The limp was stihl there, but the noise went away! :cheers: