Strange Chainsaw uses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was Wranglerstar who did a video some time ago on how to use your chainsaw to start a car that has a dead battery.

I've had a guy come in a loong time ago for new bar, chain, and sprocket after using it to cut a trench around his yard to bury a wire for his dog fence. his bar had a line painted on it 6" from the tip... that was his depth gauge mark. He shrugged his shoulders and said it was still 70% less than paying for someone to install for him.

I've had a guy come in a loong time ago for new bar, chain, and sprocket after using it to cut a trench around his yard to bury a wire for his dog fence. his bar had a line painted on it 6" from the tip... that was his depth gauge mark. He shrugged his shoulders and said it was still 70% less than paying for someone to install for him.
Hmmm. I have an old worn out bar and some old chains, and I just built a barn that I need to bury a wire to. I was going to rent a trencher, but now you got me thinking....................

I have done some cool stuff with a saw, but have never opened a beverage with one...... trenching yup done it they do quite well if a narrow trench will work for you. I have built many hunting shacks using slab wood, a chainsaw, hammer and nails. I always considered myself near surgical with one.....

I wanna see more crazy stuff more pics and videos guys.:popcorn2:

Me and a friend did something remotely like that with another friend's edger. Of course, the standard blade was not going to cut it through frozen ground, rocks, gravel, etc. And the shroud wasn't gonna hold up either. So, we did some mods on some mower blades, like 8-10 inch shorties form a 3-4 blade deck, and put em on the edger, and replaced the blade shroud with something made from a 5 gallon bucket lid. Must have been like 600-800 yards in length all told, ate up 3 mower blades, and generated a spectacular amount of sparks. Got the job done though.

The friend who owned the edger got it back with the frankenstein mods and some stories to tell his suburbanite neighbors, but eventually, he replaced the mods with the original blade, and a new blade shroud.

But then for the owner of the edger, this sort of thing was not "odd" his parents were GE engineers after all, he'd seen far crazier ****. ;)

Me and a friend did something remotely like that with another friend's edger. Of course, the standard blade was not going to cut it through frozen ground, rocks, gravel, etc. And the shroud wasn't gonna hold up either. So, we did some mods on some mower blades, like 8-10 inch shorties form a 3-4 blade deck, and put em on the edger, and replaced the blade shroud with something made from a 5 gallon bucket lid. Must have been like 600-800 yards in length all told, ate up 3 mower blades, and generated a spectacular amount of sparks. Got the job done though.

The friend who owned the edger got it back with the frankenstein mods and some stories to tell his suburbanite neighbors, but eventually, he replaced the mods with the original blade, and a new blade shroud.

But then for the owner of the edger, this sort of thing was not "odd" his parents were GE engineers after all, he'd seen far crazier ****. ;)
Prime example of why I don't loan my **** out. Lol

I've ever trenched with one but everytime somebody says" hey let me cut a couple blocks with that!" They do! And then they say I may have barely hit the dirt sorry. And then they grab there slow,dull saw and go back to work.

Decent idea i do that with hedge trimmers on brush i cant weed wop. If he used the other side of the bar it wouldnt clog up. That guy is nuts grabbing bound up grass with the throttle pinned.:wtf:

Latest posts

Back